Discharged Bankruptcy & lenders maintaining defaults on credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear CAG,

I filed for Bankruptcy in 2010. I am now a discharged bankrupt and have been for 18 months or so.

I recently checked my credit report and I have found that 4 lenders have been marking my report with a default since the date of my bankruptcy. Speaking with the credit agency, they informed me that there now should be no record of these debts as they were part of the bankruptcy in 2010.

Interestingly, these 4 lenders are posting monthly defaults for some very insignificant amounts, compared to the likes of Natwest which held my business account. There is no record of this at all.

The 4 lenders that are posting monthly defaults are; HSBC credit card & bank, T-Mobile and Lloyds TSB Asset Finance.

I have been given advice by the credit reference agency as follows:

"The information included in your credit report is provided to us directly by the lenders so it would appear that the records have not been updated correctly at their end. As we are simply custodians of this data we are not able to make amendments directly to the information we hold here – the lender first needs to make the changes at their end.

To get them to do this you will need to provide the lender involved with your bankruptcy discharge papers. They will then be able to update your account information.

When they have done this your credit report will be updated with the changes the next time that lender provides us with account information. This is generally on a monthly basis so please be aware that it may be a couple of months before you see these changes on your credit report."

I now intend to write to the four lenders as per the above advice. could anyone tell me what key information you think I should include in the letters to get them to action and respond?

I look forward to reading replies/advice.

Edited by citizenB

Hi you need to make s Formal Complaint to the Data Controllers of these creditors, then they are bound to investigate and reply within 56 days, doing this any other way means that they can mess you about as long as they like.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: