wonga help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi can someone help me please i am due to pay my wonga loan of £430 tomorrow (10-02-2013) i have emailed wonga today to ask for a repayment plan and ask all interest and charges to be suspended, i have contatcted my bank to block the payments but they have said because its not a recuring payment on my account they cant block it and to ring back tomorrow to see if it comes up on my account as a recurring payment once wonga have attempted to take the money tomorrow. been in to branch today and the guy i spoke to has blocked my card so it no longer exists, he seems to think this will stop wonga from being able to take any payments from my account, is he correct?? or do they have another way of getting money from my account?? i have money due to be paid in on monday (working tax) im hoping i can get to it at midnight before wonga do. any help will be gratefully recieved, thank you

ok i have spoke to someone at wonga today, filled in the online assesment and they have said online they will accept my repayment plan of £51 a month, i have also had a confirmation email from them outlining the amounts and payment dates of the repayment plan, so am i safe so to speak now a slong as i stick to the repayment dates??

If that email details things as you want them and with no side clauses, then yes. If wonga breaks that plan, they would be in trouble. Just make sure you stick to your end of the deal.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Have a look at this and see if it helps. Wonga have stopped advertising the APR on their tv ads. I have complained to the Advertising Standards Authority and so should you just to make a point>>>>>

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?382558-Wonga-advertising-issue-is-it-legal

the ASA link is here>>>http://www.asa.org.uk/

hope this helps you out.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

hi can someone help me please i am due to pay my wonga loan of £430 tomorrow (10-02-2013) i have emailed wonga today to ask for a repayment plan and ask all interest and charges to be suspended, i have contacted my bank to block the payments but they have said because its not a recurring payment on my account they can't block it and to ring back tomorrow to see if it comes up on my account as a recurring payment once wonga have attempted to take the money tomorrow. been in to branch today and the guy i spoke to has blocked my card so it no longer exists, he seems to think this will stop wonga from being able to take any payments from my account, is he correct?? or do they have another way of getting money from my account?? i have money due to be paid in on monday (working tax) im hoping i can get to it at midnight before wonga do. any help will be gratefully recieved, thank you

Re my last post. If you took out a WONGA loan after seeing their TV ad and committed to borrow without being aware of the APR of x% then you should fight this as it is not allowed to advertise without informing people of the Interest they will be expected to pay back.

Firstly complain to the Advertising Standards Agency as per my link in the last post. Then confront WONGA with the issue of their failure to notify the APR in their TV ads and tell them you will be writing to the ASA, and the Office of Fair Trading. Website link is here>>>http://www.oft.gov.uk/

WONGA will try and delay you for as long as possible in the hope they wll get you to carry on with a default and therefore increase the amount you owe them. They provide a repayment plan to keep the debt ongoing and therefore make it more difficult for you to pay it off. Then they will add more interest at an extortionate rate and so the wheel of debt is set in motion. WONGA loans are muppets just like the ads on TV. Let the people who run this scabby organisation show themselves and give an explanation.

I wish you well with your fight.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.