SWALEC Employee Disciplinary Action After Abusive Call to Elderly Person

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Thursday evening my elderly mother received a call from SWALEC regarding £35 she owed on an old account. She had an arrangement to pay £5 per month, but due to a serious life threatening medical condition and a period of recovery she missed two payments.

The male caller told her that her payment card had been cancelled and could not be reinstated.

He then told her she should pay the balance by debit card.

He was told that she has no debit card or bank account so this was not possible.

He then insisted she had to pay by direct debit, he was told several times she had no bank account.

He then insisted she ask her daughter (me) to set up a direct debit on my bank account and he gave her a number to ring back once she had asked me.

My mother informed him that she already knew I would say no to this, but he insisted several times.

She told him she had to go and get a pen to write down the number, then he said oh F ****** hell.

He was arrogant, blunt, and unproffessional throughout the call.

My mother was extremely upset by this call.

She did lose her temper and swear back at him, then rang me in a distressed state.

Due to her serious medical conditions one being heart failure, she has to avoid any stress and upset.

Yesterday I rang SWALEC to lodge a formal complaint.

They traced and listened to the call, and agreed it was not acceptable.

They informed me that the person who made the call would now face disciplinary action which could be dismissal or retraining.

However, there was no offer of any compensation for the upset he caused.

So anyone in a position where you receive abusive calls from any utility company do not hesitate to make an immediate complaint.

I suggest you make a Formal Complaint on behalf of your mother and suggest to them that there should be some financial redress for the stress and anxiety caused by their operative, diciplinary/dismissal are the least that should happen.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

With Brig on this. You should write to them stating that their response to your complaint is not sufficient given the circumstances.

State that you require a formal apology and compensation for the stress and upset that was caused to your Mum. £35 ought to do it. They can use it to offset the balance...