LRC Ltd advice please

morteee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good evening all, I think you are all going to enjoy this ;)

I have come home this evening to 2 messages on my answerphone asking for the person who had my telephone number before me (it was assigned to myself 8 YEARS ago) this message named the person in full, said the call was from LRC Ltd and gave a reference number

now am I correct in thinking this is a CLEAR breach of the data protection act as not only have the identified the persons FULL name but also the fact that a debt collection agency is trying to contact them as well?

by the way I have never updated the answer machine msg on my line so it still says "hello, we are not able to answer your call right now so please leave a message" so they have no way of identifying who the telephone number belongs to!

if they have breached oh BOY am I going to have some FUN with them via OFT, ICO and watchdog amongst others :madgrin:

claim v natwest WON!

all posts made by myself are without prejudice

they have not breached dpa laws . all they have done is asked for the person they want and gave the company name so that they know who to call back simply

if they have breached oh BOY am I going to have some FUN with them via OFT, ICO and watchdog amongst others

and this is why the OFT , ICO are slowed down in dealing with important cases because people think it's FUN

maybe a bit of common sense was needed here

Edited by huggy41

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

awwwwww shame

oh well am hoping they call when I am in anyway as I am going to have some fun with them to get them to remove my number :D

claim v natwest WON!

all posts made by myself are without prejudice