harrassed by PPI claims company help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I asked a PPI claims company to do a claim for me against Clydesdale Bank, they started the claim but never completed a proper letter of authority. The bank sent me a final response letter offering me a settlement, also stating that as the claims company had not completed the necessary paperwork they would not be informing them of the final response letter. I accepted the banks offer, and now the claims company are harrassing me for payment.

My question is that as the PPI claims company did not do their job and i did most of the correspondence with the bank myself, do I have to pay them anything as they did not actually fulfill their part of the contract. All help will be gratefully appreciated!!

They trying to say i owe them £1800 which on top of the letter they sent me says the average, if i write to them and ask them for a copy of all work they have done for me must they send me it? The thing that is annoying me is the fact that they DID NOT do the correct paperwork and when i started to use them they said i would have nothing to do as they would do everything for me, which as they did not is surely a breach of contract on their part!!

Never having used a claims company I cannot be certain, but surely they provided a written document and got you to sign a copy (you have kept your copy of this?) which set out what they would do on your behalf and what they would seek to charge and what that charge was for etc.

As far as "the average claim" etc goes, that likely has nothing to do with your situation, and is most likely them trying to talk up their chances, and get you thinking they are due a big fat fee. If they had done the work they would be able to produce it and Clydesdale wouldn't have dealt direct with you.

The bank sent me a final response letter offering me a settlement, also stating that as the claims company had not completed the necessary paperwork they would not be informing them of the final response letter

therefor the bank delt with you and not with the ripoff company .tuff luck on the company i would wait to see what else the company come back with

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS