Barclaycard Charges/Late Fees

StripedTiger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Guys,

I'm having real trouble with Barclaycard, who bought the credit cards of Egg sometime in the last few years.

I'm presently in a DMP and paying back at a rate I can afford to,

however every month Barclaycard continue to add more interest/fees to the account because they claim the funds I send through my DMP (PayPlan) don't arrive until after the due date.

This means that my account which should be £58.98, instead sits at £104.43,

not a massive difference but this continues to climb every month, despite conversations with them about what's going on,

my forced home move (caused by a landlord divorce) and an assurance that fees/interest would be frozen to help this is still being added.

I have attempted a SAR before but this was returned to me without any explanation as to why,

and I imagine if it was successful it would clear the debt I presently have with Barclaycard freeing up the money to distribute among my other creditors.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do here,

PayPlan are suggesting I speak with Barclaycard directly but that feels like talking to a brick wall at times,

more so with their outsourced call centres seemingly trained in high level sarcasm.

time to get reclaiming

resend the SAR

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ignore them!

only the owner can do anything

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no thats std.

why dont you CCA them and sar them

prob find theyhave no agreement anyhow

or the debt is mostly PENALTY charges & PPI?

when they fail the CCA

you can put the debt in dispute till they do!

dx

and they

Hi ST,

If you're having Financial Difficulties, BC have a duty to help you, imposed by The Lending Code - http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk/docs/lendingcode.pdf

See Section 9 and, in particular, para 224 onwards.

Write to BC telling them they have failed to treat you in accordance with The Lending Code and you want them to refund all interest and charges added to the account from [whatever date you feel you were having] Financial Difficulty.

Tell them, if they fail to refund within 14 days, you will take further action including a formal complaint to the FOS and possible court action citing COB's - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?834-Fair-Treatment-for-Credit-Card-Holders-and-Borrowers

If they fail to respond as required, we will help you reclaim all penalty charges added to the a/c plus interest.

If you don't have all your a/c statements, get them now using an SAR.

If you do have your statements, tell us roughly how much you've been charged in penalties and over what period of time.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)