Pay as you go (PAYG) mobile phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I bought a Pay as you go (PAYG) mobile phone on the internet two days ago. I get the phone this morning with a letter stating they have activated the phone. The last time i bought a phone from this company they never did this. I was wondering why they have activated the phone? The phone was also purchased for a friend of mine.

Letter http://i46.tinypic.com/ndsv20.jpg

Does this mean the phone has been activated in my name and address? Also, would it been registered in my name and address?

Thanks

They shouldn't have done it, unless you've checked some box when you bought the phone. Best is to go straight to Phone 4U and ask for explanations.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Thanks san_d for your reply.

I wrote to them and received the following.

Dear

Thank you for your recent email regarding the activation of your handset.

I can confirm that Pay As You Go handsets are automatically connected, this is for your convenience. I am sorry that you did not require this, I can also confirm that all handsets are connected using the details provided at the point of sale.

Thank you for your query today.

I did not tick any boxes or notice any details. Not much of a answer to the information i requested.