Could this be breach of contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Someone I know sadly does not work in a union he has been employed six years

I have been asked to find out, he did not get his basic pay due to being off work sick with stress from personal issues but he did get a bonus and sick pay and they were aware of his depression. He was just wondering as they did not pay his basic pay would that be breach of contract? He made his employer aware he had depression in 2012 the pay was not paid in November 2011

He is asking should he miss employment claim just out of interest, if breach of contract, can he issue six year route at civil court

He's hoping he will not but thought he would check if I can for him

Thanks

depression is not neccessarily a disability and even if it were, there is no right to full pay. he needs to check the terms of his contract regarding sick pay. Doesn;t sound like any kind of breach to me.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

he's self employed? where did you say that?

I think you need to give us more background

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Sorry, your postings are becoming more confusing. The assumption was that he worked for a someone and was off ill and was he entitled to his pay? As said, that would depend on his work contract but if he is on a zero hours contract or employed as a self-employed subcontractor then the answer will always be no. If he is a self-employed contractor it would be worth having his contract reviewed by someone with knowledge of employment law because there are many hoops that must be jumped through to show that someone doing a job at a fixed premises owned by the employer is self-employment and not properly employment (many companies do this wrongly for tax reasons/avoidance of permanency of post).