Avantis DCA calling me at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All.

Info required.

Out of the blue today a company called Avantis called me at work about an outstanding debt.

I have never had any contact with this company and I really do not know how they got my work details.

This will cause me great issuses with my employment if they contact my bosses etc.

Any advice please

They can only contact you at work if a work number was given and permission to be contacted, They are one of the worst DCA's and obviously trying there luck.

Report them for there actions as it could lead to questions from your employer and not fair at all.

They hounded me for a water bill which wasn't even mine, It took many letters to the water company and 6 months to have them tell advantis to stop chasing me.

Tell them contact in writing only and DONT speak to them.

Send them the telephone harassment letter from the CAG library. Add the clause " your permission to call me at my place of employment is now revoked."

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Another unscrupulous beggar trying to extort money using unlawful tactics.

Complain to ALL of the following,

OFT,

Trading Standards,

Ofcom,

Your Local MP,

BBC Watchdog.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!