style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've sent in a PPI Complaint to Tesco Personal Finance on behalf of my fiancee's brother however we seem to have hit a brick wall.

They've had the complaint on record in excess of 8 weeks now, they've acknowledged the complaint but a recent letter has intimated they are not near to providing a full response.

I understand they have 8 weeks to provide a full response? Is there anything i can do to push them for a response without having to complain to the FOS? They have written to us and acknowledged the complaint and the fact they wont provide an answer in the stipulated time periods so i guess at least they are keeping us in the loop. It is just frustrating that 2 days before the deadline they say they wont be giving a full response. Are they allowed to willfully extend the review periods?

Has anyone else had bad experiences with Tesco?

Thanks

Shane

• 3 months later...

I have just received a letter back from Tesco regarding my application to have my PPI payments repaid. They say that I actively ticked the box on their site asking to take out PPI when I applied for their credit card and that the box was not pre-selected. I would NEVER tick a box asking for PPI as I have always considered it worthless. I called them today and they have said to appeal against the letter which I will do but I have already told them what I expect the reply to be: Your word against ours! I tried to cancel my credit card today because I am so incensed by this letter but to do that you have to jump through hoops and they have to send you out a new security code for you to quote back at them over the phone. I would certainly advise anyone thinking of taking out a Tesco card to think twice. I will, of course, let everyone know if my appeal is successful but, don't hold your breath!