Phoning my mum at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Glad there is something in the post, at least you will find out what the debt is for.

Stu, I understand what you say and on the whole I agree 100% but there are always exceptions. I am sure that a verbal acknowledgement does not count in law, certainly if we are looking at SB

An acknowledgment is a payment by the debtor or his representative and or an unequivocal written admission that liability subsists. OFT Guidance 2003/2012.

Ok that phone call needs to be followed up in writting asap, as claims can be made that it was never made.

The Protection House is the address to contact, I am current preparing a report to the OFT on the conduct of MMF who are chasing a load of very old catalogue debts mostly statute barred, if this one please let me know and I'll look in to help.

For General Information MMF now have one of the most effecient.(in my opinion) Compliance directors in the person of Rob Sands, formerly of Mckenzie Hall, so you may fined their approach to be some what different in future.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

OK so I received a letter from MMF on Sat , well my mum did, saying that she has ignored there requests to arrange a visit and because of this they are just going to turn up.

They have never spoken to my mum, and i just don't want them turning up, if they actually do?

To be honest the amount that I have read on MMF makes them sound like a nightmare, so is it better to just keep ignoring them or get them with both barrels?

If they do come tell them to bugger off.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just remember this door step oiks have absolutely no powers, so you ''politely invite'''he she it to remove itself from the premises immediately or be rempoved.

NO ONE can make anyone discuss financial matters with a stranger.

You have no obligation to deal with them at all.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Send the following to Mr. Rob Sands Compliance Director MMF

Dear Mr Sands,

Ref: as on their letter.

I refer to the threat of one of your powerless door step collectors visiting the home of xxxxxx xxxxxx please take note I line with the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 I do not allow door step callers/ telephone contact/text messages I will deal with despicable company in WRITTING ONLY.

Should one of your agents attempt such a visit he/she will be invited to leave immediately, failure to do so WILL result in their removal and or police being called.

Now you need to send this recorded delivery marked Private & Confidential FAO ROBERT SANDS COMPLIANCE DIRECTOR.

ok cheers :) I'm not worried but just don't want them calling and my mum or son answers because they wont be able to deal with them and I work long hours. If they are likely to come round (haven't read a thread yet where they have) then ill send the letter. If this is likely to be an empty threat then I will leave it.

Sometimes its best to keep quiet with these people and i find sending the letters pokes the hornets nest. Like an abusive ex partner , any reaction is a reaction lol!

These lovely people tried to tell me that this does not apply to them. I have complained to the CSA and that idiot barry ellershaw has written back to me. Brigadier I have also reported them to the OFT as unfit to hold a licence, if you want any of the letters let me know

I think Ellershaw is ''BOT'', MMF now have Rob Sands as Compliance Director so all correspondence to him from now on:madgrin: