CCJ advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2008 I had a CCJ registered in my name due to an unpaid surveyor's bill for an amount of £207.

Not long after the CCJ was registered I repaid the debt in full and received a letter of satisfaction which I had specifically requested.

I have now recovered from long term financial difficulty and due to trying to resolve another financial matter (thread on here) I found that although the debt was repaid the CCJ was never removed.

I contacted my local court who advised me it's no problem to remove as long as I have the letter and submit that and £4 to the Registry Trust and they will remove it.

I wasn't all that happy with this as I had assumed that once we paid the debt the CCJ would be removed as the company involved were under obligation to advise the court or registry that the debt was satisfied.

I then had a search for the letter and although it's probably here somewhere I couldn't find it so I phoned the company involved (Graham and Sibbald) as I had every intention of phoning them anyway as I wanted to advise them that the CCJ had never been removed etc etc.

I called the company have been basically told it's not their responsibility and if I want another letter it's £15 + vat.

Is this right? Was it my responsibility to ensure that the court was advised?

Did you contact RT at the time of the decree award that you paid it?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Decrees are only removed from the Register if they are recalled by the court, entered in error or paid in full within one calendar month of the date of decree.

If the decree was paid prior to the court date or entered in error you can apply for a recall through the court. Alternatively you should request a letter from the pursuers or their solicitors confirming that the decree went ahead in error or was paid in full within one calendar month of the date of the decree. The letter should include details of the decree such as the date, amount, court, case number.

The original written evidence should then be forwarded to: Registry Trust Limited 153 – 157 Cleveland Street London W1T 6QW With confirmation of the defendant’s name and address at the time of the decree and enclosing an administration fee of £4.00 (made payable to the “Registry Trust Limited”) for each named person or business at a specified address or limited company name.

You could send a SAR which would only be £10 - i would maybe write to them first asking to confirm the information needed.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Did you contact RT at the time of the decree award that you paid it?

I didn't Ida as I didn't realise I had to.

Alas I don't think the decree was paid within a month it being issued. I think it was a few months down the line.

I suppose I should contact G&S with the money they've asked for and I'm guessing to have it removed it'll be costing me approx £25.

the decree will not be removed from your credit file - when a decree is paid after one month of issue then you can have it marked as settled.

will drop of after 6 years years

• 3 weeks later...

I did as you suggested, requested another letter and sent it off to the registry trust.

I have received a letter from them telling me they are dealing with my request, the cheque has been cashed and I checked my credit report today and it's no longer showing so they've been very speedy at resolving this for me although they've yet to officially confirm this.

Thanks for the advice.