Littlewoods/Phoenix/Arrow Global now Rossendales

aybesea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2005 i aquired a debt to Littlewoods catalogue but due to having to move house i had no communication with them till 2006 when i finally found a home.i informed littlewoods of my new address and had a letter from Pheonix saying i was to make a payment to them via postal order.

This i done and paid £10 to £20 and asked them to send me bank paying slips so i could continue with the payments this was August 2006.

However i did not recieve any more contact from them.

In October 26th i had a letter from Arrow Global regarding this debt and they required certain info.This i done explaining that this letter is the first time i have had contact regarding this debt for more than 6 years.and told them a payment was sent as above to Pheonix.

I received a letter back saying thank you for the information and it was being forward to Pheonix and was being investigated, they also wanted some info on named cottage which they wanted to know of when i moved from before i aquired this debt.

There was a delay in sending this info back to them but i never stayed at a cottage with that name however i was going to write to them asking them to be more specific with a address.

Before i could send this info back i now have had a letter from Rossendales stating that the debt is now passed to them.they are instructed that i have ignored previous requests for payment and they intend to recover the outstanding debt immediately.

In red letters i have to contact them with paying the debt full or contact them with my proposals or recovery action will commence.

I have been given a phone number to ring but i would rather write a letter.

Not sure what to do so can anybody advice please?

Its over 6 years now since first contact on this matter till 26th October.with Arrow Global and never asked for payment just info.As i explained in the letter to Arrow Global that if Pheonix replied to my letter back in 2006 this would have been delt with straight away.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

So there was a 6 year period when you didn't pay or acknowledge the debt? That would make this barred by the limitations act.

try this letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Are you sure this has been passed to Rossendales - this company is a bailiff and as far as I know do not collect on consumer debts unless there has been court action and the judgment debt not paid ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As locutus has advised, send the Statute barred letter he has linked you to, to Rossendales - send it by recorded delivery at the very least and keep the receipt with your copy of the letter.

If anyone should turn up on your doorstep, you do not have to let them in or even talk to them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Are you sure this has been passed to Rossendales - this company is a bailiff and as far as I know do not collect on consumer debts unless there has been court action and the judgment debt not paid ?

The letter heading says Rossendales Collect and passed to them byArrow Global, no there has not been any court action im aware of

Their website header is Rossendales - Bailiffs - Debt Collection & Recovery Agency so I assumed it was just a DCA trying on their collection activities.

aybesea, whilst waiting for letters, try getting your credit file info to see how this shows. https://www.noddle.co.uk/

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

The letter heading says Rossendales Collect and passed to them byArrow Global, no there has not been any court action im aware of

Ok, well just so you know - Rossendales are primarily Bailiffs but in this situation they should not imply they are acting in any capacity as bailiffs.

Get that Statute barred letter off as soon as you can :)

BCOBS

aybesea, whilst waiting for letters, try getting your credit file info to see how this shows.

Just been on Noodle and im all clear no judgments etc just info on Credit cards etc and bank accounts.

Is Noodle reliable for info same as Experien?

Edited by aybesea

aybesea, whilst waiting for letters, try getting your credit file info to see how this shows.

Just been on Noodle and im all clear no judgments etc just info on Credit cards etc and bank accounts.

Is Noodle reliable for info same as Experien?

noodle is part of CALLCREDIT. noodle offer a free credit report. IS IT REALLY . never ever sign up to these free offers:mad2:

• 8 months later...