DVLA, Reputable Car Showroom 5 MONTHS ON

Antynwa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a car at a well known reputable car firm known all around the country At the time of purchase there wasn’t a second key, which was to be delivered within a 2weeks, there also wasn’t a log book. After much deliberation on the day of purchase where NEITHER where brought to my attention I went ahead with the purchase.

Issue Number 1:

After not hearing anything for two weeks regarding my spare key I contacted said car firm who said that the key actually hadn’t even been ordered yet and that it had been ordered now and will be delivered in two weeks (15th September). At this time the new logbook had arrived.

At the end of Setpember, I phoned up to confirm if my key had actually been delivered, which it hadn’t, and to my surprise I had to arrange a time to get my key coded, despite being assured I could be sent the key in the post.

About a week after I had my key coded at the Car Manufacturer Garage I received a letter in the post, with the new owners slip for the log book supposedly lost and a 3RD Key which was coded for the car.

This was blamed on the fact that the person who sold me the car has since left the company, this doesn’t excuse the fact that they didn’t organize his outstanding work successfully.

So two things

1. They sent me a new owners slip about a month after I had received a new log book from the DVLA

2. They sent me a 3rd key coded for my car which PROVES that I didn’t have to take my car to the garage to get it coded! Thus wasting 2-3 Hours of my time.

Issue Number 2:

About a month ago, I received a letter in the post stating that I was no longer the legal owner of my car, and now was the registered keeper of another car. Which incidentally had the same previous owner of the car I actually own.

This has caused significant difficulty in trying to rectify with the DVLA, it has caused untold stress and anxiety, as technically this car does not have a registered keeper.

I am certain that this is a cock up from car firm, as the DVLA register new keepers etc for new cars week in week out.

I have informed the DVLA and I have a case number in case I am ever stopped, and they are supposedly going to send me a new log book, though I just got a letter today asking who I sold my car to? Which is insane because I bought it?

I agree with Raykay. New keys generally now need to be "paired" with the actual car at the garage, which means most of the dealers now charge you to buy the key and then have a second charge to actually make it work for your car!!. Why anyone would want to buy a key that doesn't work in their car is beyond me!!

This 3rd key is probibably not new, but is in fact the original "2nd key" that was missing.