style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for posting this. I went BR in November and have had extreme difficulty in finding an account. Luckily enough I managed to re-instate an old account with Lloyds which has no debit card or the facility to use DD so it is still limiting however as I was also made redundant it was a nightmare attempting to actually received money that I was due! On top of the stress of the initial BR this added to it and for a few weeks I was unable to receive money which was accumulating in the bank until I got all the paperwork sorted.

Traipsing around banks explaining the situation and being told no sorry; was very humiliating and also blows apart the myth that "BR" solves all the problems; I wish!!!

N

Hi,

Thanks for posting this. I went BR in November and have had extreme difficulty in finding an account. Luckily enough I managed to re-instate an old account with Lloyds which has no debit card or the facility to use DD so it is still limiting however as I was also made redundant it was a nightmare attempting to actually received money that I was due! On top of the stress of the initial BR this added to it and for a few weeks I was unable to receive money which was accumulating in the bank until I got all the paperwork sorted.

Traipsing around banks explaining the situation and being told no sorry; was very humiliating and also blows apart the myth that "BR" solves all the problems; I wish!!!

N

Hi

Bank accounts and bankruptcy has always been a pain, people just want to clear their debts and get on with their life.

Why do they close the existing ones in the first place, some don't,

Its about time it was sorted properly as it is outdated, time consuming, can make an easy job hard and helps nobody.

Hi, Lloyds have told me to apply again in 6 months to see if I can have a basic account; not sure if I will as I will still be undischarged then so another credit check is just what I need.

Trying to get used to paying by cash is even more of a hassle when Companies charge you for sending a paperbill as everything used to be DD. Course I shall pay, there is no alternative.

Still onwards and upwards as they say; this wont be forever!!