style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been declared bankrupt and have had my interview with the OR - they said I should be discharged in 12 months.

They didn't want to go through my income and expenditure yet, as I've only been self employed for a few months before declaring bankruptcy, and they wanted to review my I&E in three months.

I am aware that an IPA will be put in force for three years if I have surplus income during the 12 months, and I want to avoid this.

As I am self employed, I can 'throttle' my income for 12 months and just take it a little easy, take on a few less jobs until discharge, thus avoiding an IPA. I just want this over and done with ASAP, not to drag on for three years when I can be 'out' in one.

I wanted to clarify one thing: When I declare gross income to the OR, do they take into account the tax and NI that will be payable when I eventually do my tax return? Do they have a formula for that calculation? I don't want any surprises.

I'll will eventually make a post about my bankruptcy experience as it may prove useful to people here.

Thanks.

I think you will get better advice on MSE for this. No disrespect intended to CAG - but MSE have a well populated forum specifically for BR.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Don't expect much sympathy though - many people on there will be paying an IPA and not have a choice.