Can I challenge a log book loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Does anyone know if I can challenge a log book loan?

I took out a log book loan in June 2011, when I spoke to the person down the phone I was told the only condition was that I had to keep the loan for a minimum of 3 months and then I could pay off the balance.

The gentleman drove down from the north on the same day printed off some documents put me in the car and drove me to a solicitors office. I did not see the forms but was happy with what the lady had told me down the phone. I was later sent an unsigned credit agreement and my vehicle documents back. I have since found out the person that issued the loan is in fact a sole trader. I was under the impression it was a large organisation. I have requested a copy of the bill of sale and am awaiting this to arrive.

I tried to settle the account in April 2012 and then found out I had been tied in for a 2 year fixed term. So in short I am being charged £3400 for a £1000 loan. I feel I have been mis-sold this as it is definitely not was discussed with me down the phone.

So am I am to challenge this is anyway. I would have been insane to knowingly sign into a 2 year fixed term agreement.

K

• 3 weeks later...