advice vs debt managers ltd

Spuri0us
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Looking for a little clarification on the best course of action to resolve a matter with debt managers ltd.

received a letter dated 6th november 2012 addressed to me reads as follows

Dear Mr Spurious,

our ref: ********

Re: Mr Spuri0us, My present address

We are attempting to contact the above named person and our client's recent investigations have resulted in your details being obtained from a credit reference agency. Your address has been provided by them due to a link with the data our client holds, as a possible new address for the person we are wishing to contact.

To verify that you are the person we are wishing to contact, or if you believe you are not the subject, please contact us urgently on 0843 216 8300 so that our records can be updated appropriately.

If we do not receive response to this letter within 7 days, we will assume the link is correct and further communication will be made.

Yours sincerely,

Debt managers Ltd

Now to explain, I am in the process of resolving a couple of outstanding debts with two different creditors. I am looking to clear my debts, but want to make sure i only pay people who are entitled to the money.

I responded via email with

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no: ********

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt.

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

5 days later they replied with

Dear Mr Spuri0us

Thank you for your email. For us to investigate further and resolve this matter please confirm when you left MY PARENTS address.

Regards

Collections Support Department

reading over it again I realise I acted a little in haste with my reply and had not actually been accused of owing anything (although I have no doubt that is their intended end result!) I'm thinking of replying with something along the lines of-

Thank you for your reply, However I refer to my previous correspondence requesting evidence of liability, which you have as yet failed to do. If you are unable to provide this evidence then I feel this matter is closed and as such request no further contact from yourselves.

What do you think? do debt managers ltd work with/for certain companies?

thanks in advance for any responses, it's greatly appreciated.

pers as we always advise

never enter into letter tennis.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...