Self Certified Mortgage from 2003 - MPPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice will be much appreciated!

I was made redundant in 2002, where upon I became self employed. A year later I sold my house and bought another via a Self Certified Mortgage (with a large deposit), as I could not substantiate my income. The mortgage was brokered by an estate agency in Southampton and was provided by Sun Bank Plc, who have since been taken over twice (now under Nationwide). Having much difficulty being self employed, I sold the house again a year later and settled the outstanding mortgage. What I cannot remember is if I had been provided with MPPI, which I now understand would have been completely inappropriate with this type of mortgage.

Having been through several moves since, and many ups and downs, I no longer have any documentation. I contacted the estate agent that brokered the mortgage to request information/documentation, who passed my enquiry on to their compliance team. I am now being told that they are not required to retain any paper work after a period of 6 years, and they cannot help with my enquiry as a result.

Is there no chance of finding this information out now? if so, and if anyone has the knowledge, please point me in the right direction!

Many thanks in advance!

Try Nationwide, they may have the data, you will need to have the address on which the mortgage was held dates that are relevant to the life of the mortgage, try phoning NW first to see if they possibly have any data, you may need to make a Subject Access Request under the Data Protrction Act 1998 there is a £10 statutory fee for this and NW would have 40 days to comply.

I would suggest you phone first to find out if they have the data, you need to speak to the Data Control department.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They would have no reason to hold data after 6 years and were only an intermediary.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: