Threat of CCJ

AJC25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, hoping someone can advise on what i should be doing with this letter.

Received a letter from gpb solicitors working on behalf of iQor recovery services limited regarding an outstanding balance of £1959.19 owed to Lloyds TSB.

Says full payment must be received in this office within 10 days otherwise a CCJ may be issued without further warning. It goes on to list a breakdown of court fees & solicitors costs that would be added.

If you fail to respond to this letter & we do obtain judgement it may lead to further enforcement action.

Now i do owe this money for a current account/overdraft and the default was issued on 13/10/2010 but there's no way i can pay in 10 days. I am putting most of my extra money each month towards priority debts.

Is this JUST a threat or will they follow through on this if i don't reply. Do i try and set up a payment plan or just leave it?

My understanding is they can't issue a CCJ......i'd receive something else from a court.

Any knowledge/advice would be greatly appreciated.

GPB are pretty much solicitors for rent.

What correspondence have you received from LTSB? And Idiot iQor?

Have you ever been in comms with the bank in relation to this?

Is the figure both the current account & the OD they are claiming amalgamated together or seperate?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

iqor have said they are collecting on behalf of Lloyds & now gpb are acting on behalf of iqor.

Basically i used an overdraft and never payed it back, the account went into default and i've just left it. It will frop off my credit file in 3 years. I know i owe the money but it' daunting dealing with it. I don't want a CCJ, will they follow up on this threat?

If Lloyds are the owner then iQor cannot issue proceedings in their name neither can GPB issue proceedings in the name of iQor.

Can you post up the letter you have received minus any personal identifiers.

Just a quick jist of the letter...................

Client iqor

Ref 123456

Creditor Lloyds tsb

You have failed to pay this oerdue debt to llods tsb & we have been instructed by their agents iqor to recover the sum due Full payment must be made within 10 days otherwise a county court claim may be issued without further notice

If a claim is issued the amount would be increased as follows

Court fees £75

Solicitors costs £80

If judgement is awarded, further costs may be added..........

Goes on to say attachment of earnings etc

You must contact us now etc.......

It's a bulk standard computer generated threatogram designed to scare, intimidate and bully you into contacting to make a payment.

Please note the words IF & MAY, not will but if and may.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Compare the detailed threats and IFS, BUTS and MAYBES with a real letter before action - the PDF in post 1 of this thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?371542-Letter-from-ELS-amp-Cole-Solicitors-really-its-from-Fentoncooper

Note that the letter in that thread does not say IF, BUT or MAYBE. It does not mention bailiffs, attachment of earnings... It is a plain statement of fact and and offer to make a payment agreement. (Well, strictly it did say IF once - but probably didn't need to).

if its an OD there will be PENALTY charges

they'll rarely go near a court for fear of a counter claim

very suspect

dca chasing a debt for another dca on an old OD

lemon debt IMHO

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...