GE Money Refused Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My parents took out a loan in 1996 and were told they HAD to take PPI with it.

They were both sold individual single premium policies that were entirely useless to them.

We went through the entire process and were told we had to contact the Finance and Leasing Association when all else failed.

We were told "Tough luck, there were no laws then to stop them ripping you off and they did, nothing we can do."

My father was self employed, my mother only worked part time.

We sent them the original copies of the paperwork they asked for and when we asked for them back,

we got a bad photocopy of one side of a document which had all the relevant information on the other side

i.e insurance no good to self employed, over 60s (Dad was both, mam was 5 weeks or so away from 60) or part timers.

Is there any point in trying again?

Please don't tell me you sent them original documents and didn't keep copies?

Was it GE that you put in the claims to?

Did a broker arrange the loans?

If so, which company?

Do you know who the underwriters are/were?

doh!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the originals to the Finance and Leasing Association as I was told they HAD to have the originals, as I said when I requested the originals back they had sent them to GE Money after only copying one side of the insurance document even though it states clearly on the front that the terms and conditions are on the reverse.

My parents never had an original copy of the loan agreement as the guy took everything with him after is was signed. They took the loan through Midland and General and the paperwork we have all says First National. It was GE Money I tried to claim through, they said I had to contact the Finance and Leasing Association who after sending everything to GE Money said "Yeah, they're right. No laws back then to say they couldn't so, tough."