Have I commited Fraud

katiexx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I don't even know where to start. My ex partner although he was a partner at the time could not use computers he always got me to order his goods for him which was very annoying. Anyway to cut a long story short we seperated earlier this year.

About six weeks after we had split he called to say he had received a letter from Lowell regarding a catalogue debt and that he had never had a catalogue and there was £900 outstanding. He called them and was told it was a debt relating to littlewoods. This rang alarm bells in my head as I had a littlewoods account too.

The only thing I can think of is that on one of my shopping expeditions for him an account has been opened in error as they are stating he applied for a credit account online. He could not have done that as he did not know how to use the computer. I have opened so many accounts for him in the past but have never knowingly opened a credit account. There has never been any catalogues come to the address nothing has never been signed etc.... They said they had sent letters so I have been accused of intercepting mail which is not true he lived at the same address either one of us could have got the post. He was very slack in dealing with his mail although he is saying he wasn't. After he left I found numerous letter unopened by him that were returned to sender including three mobile bills. I do not know if any of those letters were from littlewoods or not.

To cut a long story short after lots of investigating on my part it turns out that cookies are stored on your computer which stores information about your last visit. I can only assume that this is what has happened. (He does not believe me) when I looked at the page that was stored on the computer it states only if you look very carefully 'welcome back xxxxxxxxx' but you really do have to look for it. I have entered postcode as requested and password as requested his postcode was the same as mine at the time and I always use the same passwords so there was nothing to tell me I was doing anything wrong and I certainly wasn't looking it was my computer. The only easy way I can explain t this is that if you use say a friends computer and pull up a facebook page it automatically takes you to the friends facebook. However, you would realise this as it would be different to your own.

The bill has been settled by me to Lowell but this has left him with a default against his name. I do not know what to do. I wrote to Littlewoods and told them but I never got any response to this. I have written to Lowell and explained it to them too this was upon their request but still the debt remains in his name. I also spoke to littlewoods in the beginning who told me that my ex had spoken to them and it was fraud and that I needed to go back to Lowell as they owned the debt. Before they had realised he had said he knew nothing about it they were happy to change it over as soon as they looked at the notes put on their system due to his phone call they wouldn't speak to me.

Everytime I speak to Lowell I get a different story as does he which has resulted in him coming back on a weekly basis asking I do something different so I am at my wits end with it all. I really need some help here. Where do I go and what do I do now??

I would never have intentionally ordered goods (especially in somebody elses name) and not paid for them. I am very much aware of what a damaged credit rating can do to somebody.

I am fed up with the accusations I really did nothing wrong intentionally and if we were still together this would not be a problem but as we had a nasty break I am the devils daughter.

Hi Welcome to CAG,

So you have paid the outstanding debt to Lowell in full?

You ordered the goods on behalf of your ex partner in his name or yours?

Were the goods solely for your ex?

Please answer the above so we can be clear what advice is needed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi

Yes the debt has been paid in full to Lowell. The goods were Christmas presents last year some of it was for him

I thought I was ordering in my name it was my computer I did not know an account for littlewoods had been opened in his name, like I said earlier there were never any catalogues sent to the address and nothing was signed. I think littlewoods must have just opened a credit account without me realising. Apparently the account was opened in June 11. I think at the time I was looking for lacoste t shirts for him he was after a specific one that was eventually bought at the House of Fraser

I had to do all his online ordering for him whenever he wanted anything

Ok, With these catalogogue companies when you order online there is usually a''tick box'' which is accepted as a signature, when the 1st. order is accepted the account is then opened in the customers name.

I cannot see that you have deliberately defrauded anyone, you are certainly out of pocket because of this situation.

As you acted on his behalf and in good faith I really don't think you have any problem.

As to the default I cannot see how to get it removed easily, the account was correctly defaulted for non payment.

The only thing I can suggest is that he writes or you write for him with his permission to act on his behalf, to the Data Controller at ''Littlewoods'' (now shop direct I think). and put the entire matter before them and ask for the default to be removed.

Lowell I think would come up with the answer that they did not place the default so they cannot remove it, that is not correct though as they own the debt and the CRA entry should be in their name, here I suggest you copy the letter to the Data Controller at Lowell.

Send everything recorded delivery and check when they receive it.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thank you for your advice. I will give it a go. He is wanting me to tell them that he knew nothing about it and I did it without him knowing, which is NOT strictly true. Sure he did not know there was a credit account opened but neither did I. As far as I am concerned I was looking to order stuff that he had wanted me to. I do wonder whether or not it is worth me going to the police and explaining what has happened?

Does that mean that he will have two defaults in his name one for Littlewoods and one for Lowell? We cannot hold a civil conversation so any communication we have usually ends in huge arguments so I try not to talk to him as it gets nowhere. Once I have enough information I am going to write to him with what I am going to do

Emmm I doubt the police will take any interest here, the debt has been paid, it is a civil matter between your patner and you.

As to the defaults ; Littlewoods will have defaulted the account prior to passing it to Lowell, Lowell should then change the details to their name, and the Littlewoods entry should be removed, the default date must remain the same.

It must be very difficult for you, rest assured you have done no wrong.