Ex on CRA File

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I separated from my ex husband in 2005 and we subsequently divorced in 2007. No children involved and no mortgage but one of the many reasons I left him was I discovered he had run up a huge debt on a joint account with a well known bank which I knew nothing about.

I've since moved on, remarried, mortgage etc but I recently discovered he is named on my Experian file as a financial link. How do I get this removed?

I have had no contact with him since 2007 (I don't know his whereabouts) and I've never been approached by anyone regarding the joint bank loan. Given it's time (2003) it should be now statute barred (unless by some miracle he has been paying it)

I guess my question is can I request the CRA's to remove him from my file and could this somehow result in said bank coming after me for full liability of the loan?

Thanks

you just ask for it to be removed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the bank had wished to trace you they could easily have done so, you need to check Equifax & CallCredit (Noddle) to see if they entry is there as well, to get the entry removed write to the Data Controller at each CRA.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for your responses. I've lived at my current address for 5 1/2 years now, own it, on the electorall etc. Considering the size of the loan as I believe it was I'm surprised they haven't traced me but I've recently had 2 small SB debts crop up so was wondering if this was next.

Will I not have to prove to the CRA's that there is no link?