Vodaphone and VAT..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all - just after a bit of advice to be honest. I am on Vodaphone - I have three phones on a pay monthly contract - the account is in my sisters name and she has 4 phones on her contract. I use the vodaphone app on the iphone to get my monthly bill - I then transfer the money to my sisters account - over the last few months she has contacted me and told me that she is being charged VAT @ 20% on the whole account. I have contacted vodaphone and they have told me that the app gives me the bill for my phone in full and that there should be no more VAT to pay by me. She keeps refusing permission for me to see the online account and I feel obliged to pay the extra VAT that she is telling me about. I am totally confused and can feel a fall out coming on over this - its extra money every month. Advice please.........

I have asked her for the bill and she just fobs me off or ignores my texts/calls. She has told me the reason there is extra VAT is due to the number of phones on the account and then she say that its when anyone goes over on their price plan. My husband has not gone over and his bill is £3.89 more than his price plan - my daughter and I have been abroad so used Euro Traveller - the extra VAT this month is £44.00. Clearly there is something she doesn't want me to see!!!

When all is said and done, this is your sisters account and your sisters phone. You have no legal rights or responsabilities here...

Tell her that they have told you that the app is correct and gives the bill including VAT and see what she says.

Ask to see your bill when she next recieves it.

Just a bit of clarification to the previous post, Line rental is payable in advance, calls in arrears, however it all shows on the bill before it's due to be paid.

I'm not sure if it's possible to move the individual phone to a seperate contract, and it would need you to be credit checked. Would this be something that interests you? If so I'll see if Lee can pop in and offer clarification on this point.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I know that I don't have any legal rights and I am going to look into getting our phones transferred into our names as I am paying way more than I should be - I have asked her to see the bill and for access to the online account which was agreed originally and then now she has disabled my access - I was also able to speak to someone over the phone with a password but she has stopped this aswell now. I am not confused about line rental/calls its just the VAT situation. I have told her that Vodaphone told me the app was correct and she has said that the extra VAT is because the price plans have gone over - our amount over is about £40 and she says that my share of the extra VAT is £20 - this clearly is not right. I have queried this with her every month and as I said earlier I feel obliged to pay the extra VAT as she did me a favour getting me the phones.

Nagasis I am feeling what you are saying - just wonder if its worth the hassle of an argument but at the same time feel like I am being ripped off.

I understand that it your sister, but lets face it, she isn't doing right by you by not reassuring you by showing you the bill which is a legitimate request.

Personally I would pay her what vodafone says is your bill. If she wants anymore tell her to pay it for being a nice sister or show you the bill.

I've asked Lee to pop in and clarify what options you have for transferring the phone and number to your name.

I'm kinda with super... not worth the hassle of a few quid... family harmony is better. Get the number and bill transfered to yourself ASAP, but pay up rather than having an argument IMHO.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Now she is not answering my calls or texts - all because I have queried this money - I have told her that I will pay the extra on the bill this month and then transfer it once the bill has been paid - just a bit worried about not passing a credit check to take on the phones. My husband is so annoyed he is on about sending her the phones back and telling her to go forth.. Would be good if Lee could contact me n then I can discuss my options with him. Thanks all.

Hi supertramper,

I can appreciate your concerns here.

Whilst VAT will be charged to the account as a whole it is possible to determine the amounts included the VAT for each individual subscription on the account.

As well as checking the My Vodafone App for the billed amount for the respective mobile number it's connected to you can also check billing information by calling 44555 from the mobile and in reply we'll send you a text message with details of the amount of the last bill together with unbilled usage information.

In terms of transferring ownership this would require the consent of the existing account holder together with the proposed new customer needing to pass a credit check.

If you're an authorised third party contact on the account and would like to discuss matters further you're welcome to email me via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once our automated has arrived could you update the thread with your email reference and either me or a colleague will get back in touch with you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee - I am no longer a third party contact as I have explained she has stopped my access to the online account and I am now unable to speak to anyone by phone. My main question is do the figures that I am given on the vodaphone app include VAT? I understand that the bill has VAT added on to it but I am being told that my figure on my app is inclusive of VAT and she is telling me that it is not and that I am liable for extra VAT. If my figure is inclusive of VAT then I am paying the VAT figure twice!!

She is still not answering my calls and texts so haven't sent the money as yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi supertramper,

Apologies for the delay with getting back to you, I've been on leave and only just returned to the office today.

The billed amounts quoted in the My Vodafone App are inclusive of VAT. However, it would appear that your sister may be getting confused over the VAT element of the bill in terms of how much VAT is payable for each mobile number.

If she'd like me to take a closer look at the account to clarify things she's welcome to email me as per the contact details provided above.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK