brighthouse change of name question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i could not find anything relating to this so that may be an answer itself. if i have 2 bright house items in my name can i change ownership to my partner? its odd i know but i have a tv and stereo with them and have about 50 odd weeks left to pay on both but i may have to go bankrupt and have been told that the tv and stereo could be seized if i go bankrupt. any info regarding my circumstances and the above would be great and even more so if anyone has a list of what may get taken if you if you go bankrupt would be good to, as i heard there is a list of what you do and dont get to keep once going bankrupt, i am worried to death about it all to be honest as so much buzzing around my head.

thanks

Brighthouse are probably the people to ask about this. leo.mckee@brighthouse.co.uk is the CEO, maybe give his department a try? Personally, I'd just ask for Brighthouses policy on doing this rather than giving them your account number and personal details.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 3 weeks later...
hi, i could not find anything relating to this so that may be an answer itself. if i have 2 bright house items in my name can i change ownership to my partner? its odd i know but i have a tv and stereo with them and have about 50 odd weeks left to pay on both but i may have to go bankrupt and have been told that the tv and stereo could be seized if i go bankrupt. any info regarding my circumstances and the above would be great and even more so if anyone has a list of what may get taken if you if you go bankrupt would be good to, as i heard there is a list of what you do and dont get to keep once going bankrupt, i am worried to death about it all to be honest as so much buzzing around my head.

thanks

hi, when you are bankrupt, you will have a meeting with the 'official receiver' dealing with your bankruptcy. Details of all your income and outgoings will be analysed.

I doubt whether the Official Receiver would allow you to keep paying for the TV and HiFi as they would be classed as luxury items and non essential.

Whether the Official Receiver allows you to keep these or not (I would guess not), Brighthouse can repossess the goods when you are bankrupt, they are also able to make an unsecured claim for any payments you have missed up until the day you were made bankrupt. Another factor to consider is that your Official Receiver has the right to pay off your HP agreement with Brighthouse and then take possession of the goods.

If your partner paid your HP agreement with Brighthouse, this does not mean that your partner is entitled to the goods. Your partner can make a claim in respect of the money he/she has paid, but this would be an unsecured claim.

I know that the above info aint what you are looking for, sorry!

All I can suggest is you contact Brighthouse and request that they start a new agreement in your partners name and terminate your agreement.

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you advice on how you may keep these goods in bankruptcy, but at the moment I can not think of anything. Apart from.... "every natural or legal person is entitled to the peaceful enjoyment of his possessions and no one shall be deprived of his/her possessions except in the public interest" taken from Article 1 of Human Rights (ECHR)