United Utlities Demanding Money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok

I pay my water bills ever 3 months last week i paid £100 on my water and was going to pay the rest this week

The outstanding balance was £115 this morning i received a letter stating i owe them £500 and that is not right at all.

The oustanding balance is £115 they send me a letter demanding i pay them £500 in 14 days or it will effect my credit blah blah

Far as im concerned i have no correspondance off united utilties regarding outstanding bills and now i get this letter

Ok

I pay my water bills ever 3 months last week i paid £100 on my water and was going to pay the rest this week

The outstanding balance was £115 this morning i received a letter stating i owe them £500 and that is not right at all.

The oustanding balance is £115 they send me a letter demanding i pay them £500 in 14 days or it will effect my credit blah blah

Far as im concerned i have no correspondance off united utilties regarding outstanding bills and now i get this letter

Have you asked them to explain where the figure comes from?

Sounds like the 115 was the remainder of the first 6 months. The £500 is for the year total.

but why are they billing me from now to April why not just have the money in April

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. They always bill 6 months infront.

Just setup a payment plan with them. Ask for a payment card (if you need one). They will allow you to pay a weekly amount to cover the outstanding amount from now until April. You can then carry on paying weekly next year.

To pay off the remainder this year weekly will be just short of £20 per week. You may be able to carry some of the amount over to next year. If you pay weekly from April next year it it will be considerably less per week.