Next Directory and Mrs Sam

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mrs Sam wrote to Next Directory earlier this year and enquired about the possibility that she had been charged PPI on her account. The account is now closed. She received a letter back from them in May which stated that no PPI had been charged to the account. Mrs Sam was going to let it go at that. I advised her to send a SAR and we would review what came back.

What did come back was pretty thin.A copy of a standard credit agreement, undated, unsigned and no mention of Mrs Sam anywhere to be seen and some basic statements from 2005 and 2006,without any evidence of what the charges related to.

There were also three documents of interest:

1. A list of abbreviations used in the documents, which helpfully pointed out that Payment Protection was referred to as PPP.
  2. A 2-page "Miscellaneous Events" list which covers the period from 2004 to them receiving a SAR request earlier this year. One of the events clearly states them sending Mrs Sam a letter confirming no PPI had been charged to the account. There are a number of other events listed referring to PPP but, surprisingly the details of these events have been blanked out! I believe that "redaction" is the current vogue term.
  3. A single sheet "Statement of Account" which gives opening date of account (over 20 years ago); sales to date; payments to date and interest paid to date etc. The most interesting statistic on the page is PPP Charge to date: X. X is in excess of £500.00!

So what do I do now. I'm guessing Mrs Sam sends them a PPI Consumer Questionnaire and a letter claiming a total refund of the PPI. Can anyone please confirm if that is the right course of action? Also what does she claim? Is it X or is it X plus interest? In which case what figure should she apply for interest?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

Sam

If you haven't got itemised breakdowns of the payments made then you can't do a spreadsheet for this.

You will need to put in the fos questionnaire and they will have to investigate.

You could also try a failed SAR letter detailing what information you feel is missing from their response.

If you haven't got itemised breakdowns of the payments made then you can't do a spreadsheet for this.

You will need to put in the fos questionnaire and they will have to investigate.

You could also try a failed SAR letter detailing what information you feel is missing from their response.

I took next to the FOS a good few years ago the FOS gave up and accepted nexts position in hat they were not the insurers I have not seen any evidence of successful claims against next despite their ppi policy

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys. I think I will send them a FOS and ask them to refund the £500 plus interest and see what they come back with. I assume I can hit them with a failed SAR later if no joy?

I referred next to the FOS a few years ago they wrote back saying they had given up as next and the insurers had avoided any responsibility between them.