Help with council tax bailiff please, newbie, no idea where to start!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you have the dates of the Visits, date of levy, dates for the other fees etc? What goods did they levy on, can you describe them exactly as written on the Notice of Seizure?

They have'nt provided dates on their letter and I wasn't sensible enough to record them at the time.

Equita never levied any goods that I aware of, we allowed them in once to "fill out their forms" when they attended demanding £359.05 on 30/07/11. We paid this, they had visited a few days before and arranged to call back. I have a receipt for this amount but we weren't given any notice of seizure, my partner spoke to them and as it was over a year ago, i'm not sure what he did/did not sign at the time.

I have a letter from them dated 11/09/2012 saying their bailiffs have identified sufficient goods to remove but this I'm not sure how, they only came in once on 30/07/11 and we have no cars.

Again what goods have they levied on and please, please tell me they have levied on the same goods for all 3 accounts & did you sign the walking Possession?

I have posted the goods levied on the first page of this thread, and yes all 3 levies are for the same goods. and my partner signed the walking possession, thank you for your help

I have posted the goods levied on the first page of this thread, and yes all 3 levies are for the same goods. and my partner signed the walking possession, thank you for your help

In which case it may be worth sending the council a Formal Complaint regarding the levies, which you are aggrieved by as they are all on the same items, which is not permitted, as after the first levy, the bailiff is effectively seizing his goods, and charging YOU, quote the LGO caning of Rossendales and Blaby Council over the charging of multiple fees,

"The Ombudsman’s investigation found that the Council failed to exercise proper control over the actions of its bailiffs and the fees it charged. The bailiffs had charged eight visit fees (because Mrs S had arrears for eight years: ie there were eight accounts) on two occasions for one visit by one bailiff" quoted from:

http://www.lgo.org.uk/news/2012/jul/blaby-council-criticised-bailiff-charges/

I would also refer to ploddertom's post#8 and my post#9 regarding the value of the goods being insufficient, so you suspect the bailiff has levied multiple times in order merely to garner fees for himself, so you are considering intitiating a Regulation 46 complaint at the magistrates court with the council as defendant you being aggrieved by the levies of their agent the bailiff for whom they are 100% responsible for his actions lawful or as in this case unlawful.

Formal Complaint to council bigwigs, as in CEO and leader, councillor and your MP.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!