Rockford - what exactly do they think they can do?

lee79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was reading their most recent letter to me and, after being educated via this site, I caught attention of the following wording 'if no contact or payment is made I will have no alternative but to arrange for a local representative to call at your home to secure this debt.'

I understand this is to scare people but as mentioned on here a few times the representative has no power to secure the debt, have they?

So how do they actually propose to secure the debt? To do this they would need to ignore my instruction for them to leave as doing so they would not be able to secure the debt as they insist they will. I have no intention of handing over money I cannot afford or any belongings, however, to 'secure this debt' then surely they will have to force me to do this? And they cannot make me sign up to any payment plan that I cannot afford as this would be pointless and not secure.

I may be reading too much into this (the big lettering at the top did instruct me to 'read carefully' though) but surely if they are going to secure the debt then they must do one or more of the above so surely they're hinting at interfering with my rights.

It makes it sound like they are bailiffs....it is worded in such a way that to the uninformed, there are going to be a gang of bailiffs coming round in riot gear to 'secure' your toaster...this wording would be against the OFT's guidelines.

What they mean by "Secure the Debt" is simply to get payment of it. They can do nothing regarding securing in the other context i.e. seizing goods etc. etc.

If they do pitch up then just tell them to get lost.

what is the debt please

rocky are lemon chasers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm more upset that they didn't refer to the visit as a 'door step collector' :) The fun I could have had.

It just made me wonder though. They are more than aware of what they can and cannot do so why bother putting it like they do? Surely then it's so they can intimidate someone into thinking, as already put, that they have the power of a bailiff without saying so?

It's a genuine bill - water rates from an old address.

DOUBT IT

IF THE WATER CO. WANTED THEIR MONEY

THEY'D HAVE DONE SOMETHING YEARS AGO ABOUT IT.

DX oopps caps sri

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...