Lloyds TSB sell debt

steve1234567
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a letter, 17/10/12, from Cabot saying they have bought my debt I have from Lloyds (26k). I signed up for the loan on 19/10/07 (are the dates significant?) and pay £10 per month (agreed with Lloyds) after losing my job 4 years ago.

Am I now at the mercy of Cabot?

Is it worth sending a CCA? or just start paying them the £10?

Hello there.

As your loan was taken out after the 6th April '07 the changes to the consumer credit act would allow for a court to grant leave to enforce the debt even if the paperwork was lacking some key terms or your signature. I guess there is no harm in sending a CCA request, but if you're looking to try and challenge the grounds of unenforceability you may find it an uphill struggle.

Best wishes,

Seq.

You need to make a formal CCA request using the template from the CAG Library there is £1 statutory fee Cabot have 12+2 days t comply.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

A ''true'' copy is one taken from an original document by means of facimile reproduction and or photocopying.

As long as the documents is complete in every respect compared to the original it may consist of more pages

than the original if they are sequential.

ie will be acceptable.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

Lloyds sent a copy of a fax to my wife of the contract we signed... cabot have sent a reminder that she has missed her first payment last month. She refuses direct debit (her wages are paid at odd times) and i don't have an income. Not sure why they are sending letters only to her and not us both, or just me as before.

Is this agreement complete? Can you post a suitably redacted copy for us to see please?

• 5 months later...

Having sent Cabot an account in disputed letter and 12+2+30 day letter they have sent 'proof' of the debt - a reconstituted true copy of my credit agreement. It is barely legible... is this acceptable proof?

sev threads on same debt merged

please ALWAYS keep to the existing thread

if you have a new issue with any of your running debts.

they each now have their own SINGLE thread

rather than many threads on each Lloyds debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is there a set letter I can use?

Hello Steve,

Send the following to Cabot addressed to the Compliance Manager.

Ref: use theirs.

Sir/Madam,

I refer to my recent request made under sections 77/78 of CCA 1974 and the documents Cabot has provided purporting to be a ''reconstituted copy'' of the alleged original agreement, as I am sure Cabot are aware even a reconstituted agreement must be ''easily legible'' the document I have received is illegible and is therefore rejected and this account is now formally in dispute until such time as a compliant copy of an agreement is supplied.

This communication is NOT an admission of any liability to Cabot.

Send by RM recorded/signed for post.

• 3 weeks later...

The Compliance Manager

Crapbot.

Ref: use theirs.

Sir Madam,

I refer to the letter from Crapbot dated xx xx xxxx, in regard to the NON COMPLIANT 'reconstituted' agreement, this matter remains formally in dispute as the document is NOT CLEARLY LEGIBLE THROUGH OUT, your claim is therefore rejected as such a document MUST be easily readable.