style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your only responsibility is to retrun the property in a reasonable condition.

This means that given your occupancy - which will have levied its own level of reasonable wear and tear, the propert should be returned neat and clean and undamaged.

Of course your LL is holding your deposit and so she has a hold over you.

If you refuse, you may find that she with try to keep back an unreasonable amount for cleaning. Why don't you check up the cost of professional cleaning. It mught be a cheaper and less complicated solution in the end.

My landlord is also stating there is rust on the bleed valve of the kitchen radiator - which will cost £55 to replace plus labour. I never noticed that and now she has brought my attention to it - there *is* a small amount of rust on top of the 'bleed' tap - but how do I know there isnt simply a quick fix solution for removing the rust and that a new radiator is really needed?

She also wants to charge me for her visiting the property to remove a few weeds (maybe 5) from the front garden.

Again - how can she do that? It was her choice to visit and remove those weeds! At no time did she say "In future, you may be charged for that" !

My landlord is also stating there is rust on the bleed valve of the kitchen radiator - which will cost £55 to replace plus labour. I never noticed that and now she has brought my attention to it - there *is* a small amount of rust on top of the 'bleed' tap - but how do I know there isnt simply a quick fix solution for removing the rust and that a new radiator is really needed?

She also wants to charge me for her visiting the property to remove a few weeds (maybe 5) from the front garden.

Again - how can she do that? It was her choice to visit and remove those weeds! At no time did she say "In future, you may be charged for that" !

i would of thought that is wear and tear /possibly leaking valve in first place should be down to LL

you could always try kurust on it then undercoat and gloss??

it is good stuff but cant see how it is down to you

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)