Abbey holding me to Ransom

Appledore51
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

To let everyone know where i am, I sent my subject access request on the Oct 2nd. Yet whilst sorting this out another 180 pounds worth of charges reared their ugly heads.

I wasnt aware that they were going to be taken due to my statement going missing so have only been able to deal with it now they have left my account, putting me another 90 pounds overdrawn, meaning they are also going to try and charge me next month too.

I wouldnt be concerned and just add them to my schedule of charges except that they have left me with no money for food or bills, and next week i wont have any money either due to being 90 pounds overdrawn. I cant survive two weeks without food, i have three young girls.

I phone abbey asking for them to refund my 180 pounds due to the charges being unlawful and my not having any food. After a lot of going back and forth, and my quoting consumer credit act and OFT rulings etc they offered to refund part of the charges and increase my overdraft but if, and only if i agreed that the charges were fair and valid.

I did not, and the lady said she couldnt help me then.

I asked to speak to someone higher and she said they were all busy, but that she could get someone to ring me back. I am now waiting on that phone call.

I have tried ringing Trading Standards but they are busy, i will keep trying.

Its been suggested that i try and get abbey to put this agreement in writing and obviously not sign it, but i am seriously doubting they will.

Just dont know how i am gonna get food this week, and my electicity is on meter and will run out soon.

Husband is thinking of leaving just so i can get some money for now.

appledore

i know what i would do, go to this site http://www.rectel.co.uk have a read ring the number you will get a four figure pin number follow the prompts ie ring your bank again, ask again for the charges back explain slow and clear you have no food ect, get them to repeat they want you to admit they are fair, tell them you want me to say all the unlawful charges that you have been defending yet not going to court are lawful just to give me money to eat ect ect stay clam dont get mad or swear

when you are at the point they wont budge ask them if they have your phone number on account if they say yes tell them good this phone call has been recorded and compliant going in.

say bye and hang up

now if they ring YOU back you are now in a different position

you dont have to tell some one you are recording the call

what you got to lose

steve

i will be back later to see how you got on

Dont i have to inform someone from the outset that i am recording the phone call?

and if i inform them then they probably wont say what i want them to say.

and how does this help me anyhow, even if i do get them to say it?

i phoned trading standards and they said they thought abbey could ask what they wanted, but that at no point could i wave my statutory rights anyhow.

i phoned the complaints department, and they are investigating my case for me. they were actaully really helpful and guess what the lady their called lesley actually admitted that she felt the charges were unfair.

:)

It's terrible what they do isn't it, I completely sympathise with you as they have done it to us so many times. Last year they took £900 in charges in one month and when we asked for help i.e splitting the charges or refunding some as we felt they were incorrect we were told no basically it was our own fault!

They only care about lining their big fat pockets, add these charges to your bill and go get em girl!!

xx

Open another account and stop using your abbey account. The trick is to avoid charges and going over your limit. Stop as many DD's as you can if not all, you can pay your bills on line or ask for payment books from creditors and go into bank and pay over counter. I know it is a pain but worth it. Since changing my account, not having an overdraft or debit card I have only had one charge applied to my abbey account which was refunded when I took court action along with a further £1080 as a GOGW. Since issuing my claim in the court I have requested abbey stop all charges on my account including interest until my claim is settled. When I receive all my money back I will pay of the remaining overdraft and never go there again. The whole banking system is rigged to catch you out, if most people are honest 90% of us sail close to the wind regarding finances. The banks know this and rely on us making mistakes so they can hit us hard when things go wrong. I call it the Hood Robin system, the reverse of Robin Hood, take from the poor to give to the rich. You must take back control of your money from the bank. Good luck.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

well i was called at 12 thatdaybutwas on phone, i rang back straight away and said i was just called by you can i be putthrough, and theysaid i will give your number to our supervisor and getback to you.

i said no you justcalled someone mustbe available, they had lots of excuses and said someone will ring you back within 24 hours,

i phoned again later on that day and told to wait and someone would get back to me within 48 hours, y the increases in waiting times i dont know, well needless to say i still havent been contacted.

banking code 13.10 we will consider cases of financial difficulty sympathetically and postitively. our first step will be to try and contact you to discuss the matter.

your financial difficulty is because of unlawful charges.

13.11 if you find yourself in financial difficulties, you should let us know as soon as possible. we will do all we can to help you to overcome your difficulties. with your co-operation, we will develop a plan with you for dealing with your financial diffculties and we will tell you in writing what we have agreed.

plan is they give you back these charges or you will take them to court they end up paying 8% interest and court costs.

13.12 the sooner we discuss your problems, the easier it will be for both of us to find a solution. the more you tell us about your full financial circumstances, the more we may be able to help.

you gave them your money they add unlawful charges now you are going to get them back they can do it the hard way or easy way, easy way give you back asap, the hard way you take them to court they end up paying 8% interest and court costs.

when you do get to speak to them ask about these points of the banking code dont forget RECORD everything.

steve