Returning faulty items - consumer rights on refunds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a problem in returning an item which is faulty. I only purchased it on Saturday afternoon and have used it for a max of 10 minutes intermittently.

The issue is not about getting a refund which Tesco has said (during 5 phone calls so far) I can have. (I paid by cash)

The issue is that I am trying to find a way to return it that does not cost a load of money.

Tesco will only pay for the item refund, but it is going to cost me a huge sum to return this because I am disabled and have to pay for a taxi there and back.

I have tried to resolve this to the best I can, but Tesco are being very unhelpful. I have been put on hold during 4 of those phone calls for several minutes at a time and I have finally been left on a dead line and eventually hung up.

What are my rights about the cost of having to travel to return this? I am disabled and cannot carry it as it stands. I budget for a taxi now and then to get to a large store. I do not have anyone to ferry me over 20 miles round journey, the small local store doesn't want to know and I'm stuck with an item that doesn't work.