Hutchinson 3G default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me if I have any form of redress on the below and if so what I can do.

I recently applied for a loan and although I could obtained one

the rates offered from my bank were substantially higher than those advertised.

I obtained a copy of my credit file and was surprised to see that Hutchinson 3G had marked an account I had held with them as a default.

I had a three year contract with Hutchinson which I fulfilled even though the service never worked and was not fit for purpose.

I purchased a Hutchinson 3G dongle as part of a 3 year plan and received a free laptop at PC World in May 2009.

Unfortunately after approximately 3 months the service provided went from adequate to non-existent.

The mobile broadband service did not work at my home or in any location I travelled on business to in the UK.

After countless calls to the technical support I simply gave up using the device.

In spite of this I continued to pay each month as required for a service I could not use.

The deal included a laptop and I was happy to fulfil my end of the bargain and complete the credit agreement until June 2011.

After my final payment had been made I contacted Hutchinson 3G customer services both by phone and via their online contact form

instructing them I no longer wished to continue using Hutchinson 3G and to cancel my account.

I was informed this would be done.

I cancelled my direct debit to Hutchinson 3G with my bank as it was no longer required.

In July 2011

I received a bill from Hutchinson 3G for broadband services.

I again I contacted Hutchinson 3G customer services via phone and online reiterating that the service did not work,

was not required or wanted and requesting that my account be cancelled.

I was informed verbally that if I paid the bill over the phone that the account would be closed.

I paid the bill and considered the matter closed.

I received no reply from the online form.

August 2011 I received another bill from Hutchinson 3G for broadband services.

I called the customer service call centre yet again and explained I did not want the service and that I had cancelled my account.

I was informed that I would be refunded and the account shown as satisfied.

I also again received no reply from the online form.

My credit file shows as being shown as being in default and then satisfied in default. I haven't defaulted on anything.

My only and lasting impression of Hutchinson 3G customer services was that they were there to extract the maximum amount of cash from the customer and nothing else.

I have been marked as defaulting on an account / services that I did not want and had tried numerous times to close.

I have no paperwork to prove the above as all was done either on the phone and via their web site on line forms, of which, you do not get a copy.

Can I have this default removed and how do I go about it?

Hi

i've moved your thread to the telecoms forum.

there are many examples of this type of issue with various providers.

i would SAR 3G

that will give you a copy of everthing they hold on you

so we should then be able to prove numerous times that you did indeed ask it to be closed.

once proved, i thnk you might well be in-line for a wee bit of compensation for the wrongful CRA data.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Complain to their Data Controller stating that the default is unfair, lay out the facts and require them to remove the default entry and mark the account ''settled''.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

1 thing, there is no credit agreement, you pay for the internet service and the laptop is a free gift (dodgy way to get around the legislation of hire purchase IMHO). Personally, I'd be writing a letter before action, telling them to correct their error as the contract was canceled at the end of the minimum term and final balance paid, and they have black marked your credit file due to their error, so if they don't remove all negative entries a small claims court judge will order them to and give compensation for "damage to reputation" circa £5000. DON'T threaten this unless you are willing to carry it out though, just incase they decide to chance their hand in court.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thank you for your excellent and knowledgeable help, it is very much appreciated.

I have written to them at their registered office outlining my grievances and inviting them to have the default removed. If they do not I will issue them with a SAR. After that, and if I get that far, I may well be back asking for more of your invaluable advice.

Again thank you.