style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

What a dismal article in justification from the suits

Maybe the powers that be have a different definition of Financial Inclusion or is it exclusion, hard to tell really with announcements like this, maybe its a case of 'lets make it as hard as possible for people to get a basic bank account'

Debt Relief Orders & IVAs are formal insolvency solutions too, wonder how this works with the CO-OP - maybe they are still working on those, probably let us know in good time

And next, people in DMPs or maybe anyone with any type of debt??

All helps does'nt it

Lets see what happens next (I wonder if the Credit Unions can get in on this somewhere)

Edited by Wintry

TBH i didnt mind so much when other banks did it as what else should we expect of them, they have already previously nailed their colours to the mast. But co-op trade on the fact that they are ethical, lets face it they are nearlly always more expensive than other companies and offer crap rewards for using their services but for many people that didnt matter as it was worth taking that as it came with the promise that they would deal ethicly with its customers and suppliers. This shows that that promise is only skin deep and i would encourage as many as possible to shun the entire co-op group from now on

TBH i didnt mind so much when other banks did it as what else should we expect of them, they have already previously nailed their colours to the mast. But co-op trade on the fact that they are ethical, lets face it they are nearlly always more expensive than other companies and offer crap rewards for using their services but for many people that didnt matter as it was worth taking that as it came with the promise that they would deal ethicly with its customers and suppliers. This shows that that promise is only skin deep and i would encourage as many as possible to shun the entire co-op group from now on

Hi

Good post debtinfo.

Strange, thats a couple of times now that we have agreed, dont think it will last though, somethings coming on IPAs & IPOs that will raise an eyebrow or two of yours me thinks - keep watching it will appear in a week or two I hear:)

Edited by Wintry
s

Yes only Barclays left or some internet banks that charge monthly fees NICE ONE CO-OP what does that word stand for co-operative

Here is some insight into who NOT TO TRADE WITH IN THEIR GROUP http://www.co-operative.coop/corporate/aboutus/ourbusinesses/

Very prominent is their statement on being a democratic organisation of principle have a look here.....

http://www.co-operative.coop/corporate/aboutus/our-democracy/

HIT THE VULNERABLE now as a major bank the CO-OP has become more like nearly ALL the rest in their ivory towers or should we say cash towers !.

Who would have thought looking at the beating Barclays took recently that they are the ONLY major bank that accepts bankrupt clients !.

Yes I am going bankrupt behind every bankrupt is a story IT may not be the bankrupts fault yet you kick away at the lowest and poorest members of society at your peril the gap is widening between the poorest and the richest CO OP forget your history and public perception it is starting to sound like politicians promises ! ! !.

We lived abroad and before that paid all our bills and taxes in the UK for years people owed us money a lot of it and did not pay .We had to come back or starve (handouts from friends) We have been forced to go bankrupt but however it happens the principle is the same technology now prevents any risk to the bank (Barclays are not stupid) credit limits are restrictive and set so the only reason can be PROFIT ! . The bank likes to have a certain amount of funds to gamble with thats how they make their money or get in trouble !.

So CO-OP action ALWAYS speaks louder than words ! just another organisation trying to be politically correct your deeds speak much louder.