CCA 1974 and S77-79 requests

redbat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am very confused.

I have been reading this forum for a very long time until I finally signed up.

In the past when people have talked about sending a CCA request and that the result was unenforceable they have been told that this site does not condone debt avoidance, Fair enough, neither do I, if you owe a debt you owe it.

More recently I have seen some more posts where members of long standing have been talking about debts being unenforceable or do not comply with the CCA.

So does sending CCA request work and can you get out of paying a debt if the creditor doesn't comply.

Really confused about the ethics of it all

Thanks

there are, particularly with those debts prior to 2007, instances whereby, a CCA might well be un-en, esp if whomever supplied it to you, decided to issue a recon.

the rules changed in 2007 , those issued prior to that, ideally, if they wanted to get you in court, they'd need a copy of the signed original.

thse issued post 2007, its not really worth trying it on.

each case, whatever its age, is somewhat individual. and various factors need to be considered.

one factor that was, in the early days, the CCA.

today & since 2007 with the various court cases too, its now a bit of a judge lottery

and its a brave man, that stands before a judge

with a clear financial link, statements & a recon CCA

and says the debt is not mine m'lud..

there was a period when alot of CCa's could be challenged

those days are long gone.

sadly there were still groups of people that would not 'move-on'

thats when we began to pointout CAG will not condone debt acvoidance.

its all very well geeing people up

yea go to court, thats rubbish, bog-paper..

then when you loose they disappear.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks. I have no intention of paying anyone or using a service such as the Rankines (I know they are gone) . I will look at what of my older debts are unenforceable, not because I want to dodge but because I have no money income or assets

ok well let us know the details of each debt

there are otherways .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dxs advice is dead right, but you should also remember that just because a debt is unenforceable in court does not mean is is extinguished, it still exists and all collection methods short of court action can still be pursude.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I think you should make a list of all the debts individually who is chasing the debt./owns the debt.

What is owed.

When was the last payment made.

Whe was the debt last acknowledged in writting.

Check your credit reference files Experian and Equifax have free 30 day trials, Noddle (callcredit ) is free but no always up to date.

All making a CCA request to a DCA is going to achieve is if they have an agreement or not.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks Brigadier

I thought the whole point of a CCA request was exactly that, to see if they have an agreement. If they don't they can not enforce

What difference will looking at my credit file make.

As for details, all the debts are current i.e they have had a payment in the last year but I am not quite ready to post in public the full extent of my stupidity

The lack of a CCA these days as my colleague dx100 has nentioned is not the ''tool'' it used to be, the use of reconstituted agreements + statements showing useage of a credit facility and payments made to it are likely to persuade a judge that an agreement and obligation exists.

I am only talking about pre April 2007 agreements and I thought that S127(3) effectively barred enforcement if no agreement was in place and Waksman said that for enforcement the original should be available. I fully understand that post April 2007 agreements are completely different.

Have I got that right?

Then of course we go down the route of defaults/terminations/notice of assignments all of which can render an agreement UE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?365574-highlandertom-vs.-Moorcroft-Barclaycard&p=3983049#post3983049

You will see from the B/shark letter in the first post of the link above.. that they acknowledge whilst they are in default of a s78 request they are unable to enforce.. eg obtain a judgment, but they will be able to report to CRAs, demand money etc.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D