Question about the fine from RLP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually i'm very ashamed and regret to do shoplifting under 10pounds yesterday. the security staff let me left name, birthday, address, celephone number and gave me a letter: notice of intended civil recovery, RLP. tell me waiting the letter from RLP around Friday. i don't know whether i have the right to refuse paying to RLP. i will leave uk in the end of this month and never come back. but the address i left which my friends still live in, i'm afraid if i don't pay, RLP continue to send letters to my address, my friend will doubt and wondering to see letters or ask to me. i don't want my friends to know what i have done. if i pay, RLP will not bother my friends, but i'm worry about the high cost. So how should i do?

Edited by miomio

thank you very much. if i refuse to pay wether RLP will call the police or tell it to my college for influence getting Degree certification? RLP will send many letters or come to the address that i 've written, request and bother my friends after a month that i will have l left UK.

Edited by miomio

If you don't pay, send the single line letter to RLP "I deny any liability to you or your client".

This is not a fine. RLP have no influence on your college or your getting your degree. In fact it would be unlawful for RLP to contact your college.

I think that RLP claim the right to store your details on their database of civil recovery IF YOU DO PAY UP.

RLP CANNOT contact the police. RLP CANNOT take you to court. All they can do is write letters to you asking you to pay their invoice.

Rlp have no authority to do anything very similar to Private Parking companies. See below for a rather large problem now facing PPC.

VCS speculative invoice

To aid your situation and to emphasise anything your own research has found, VCS have recently suffered two defeats at court. One at S****horpe
county court
link3.gif
where their managing director has had to explain to the judge why he issued proceedings in the first place when he had no cause of action.

The second, and far more notable case, was before the VAT Tribunal (official known as the Upper Tax Tribunal) where judges have examined the VCS operation and decided that they have insufficient
interest
link3.gif
in any of the land they purport to enforce parking regulations on and that they have no right whatsoever to even offer a contract to park - let alone attempt to chase a maybe-penalty for breaking their rules.

This latter case established what is known as case law and is binding on all lower courts. VCS are not going to take you to court and they cannot enforce their invoice.

Oh, by the way, it is not, never has been, never will be a "fine". What you got was a speculative invoice, plain and simple. The fact that you believed it to be is simply a testament to the clever way in which their invoices are designed - which is to make you think it is a fine.

Stop worrying. Chill out and have a glass of wine/cup of tea/mug of coffee/glass of spring water or whatever your particular poison is and get on with your life.

As I say this is with regard to private parking invoices but I would say that the same implications apply to RLP and their ability to proceed to court. Though the experts will soon shoot this down if I am wrong.

dpick

Miomio Nothing will ever happen. Especially if you move abroard. Ignore it and get on with your life.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D