Problems with phone bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just signed up but have been reading for a while, and seen many others have had problems with O2.

My problem is over a pay monthly contract for £30 that I have had for around 12 months now.

My grandmother told me to get the contract when I went to University last year.

I got a free Xbox 360 with the contract and it was a birthday present.

Every month she put £30 in my account to pay the bill. Unfortunately, she passed away in April.

I paid March and April's bills from my student loan but when this loan ran out at the end of term,

I realized I would not be able to pay it over the summer unless I found a job.

I spoke to them on their "chat" and was told I could have a "holiday break" in light of my circumstances.

I believed this to be where I would not be paying my bill over the summer and they would add the 2 months or so on at the end of the contract.

I have had barely no work so not been able to pay the bill.

I logged in about a month ago to find my bill at £500 due to disconnection costs or something.

I phoned them, told them what i was previously told but they said there is no such thing.

They said I had to pay £5 to stop it being passed to a collection agency.

I did so and then made a complaint to O2.

They say they cannot help me as there is no note on my account that this chat has ever taken place.

I realise I have been stupid in just believing this guy on chat, and not taking down any names, etc.

It was something I didn't really think about at the time.

As it is May's, June's, July's and shortly August's bills, it will be around the £130 mark.

I cannot afford to pay this from my September loan and the continuing bill will also be an issue.

Anyone got any recommendations as to what I can do.

Everything I have said is 100% genuine, thanks for any help/advice.

no as I said I do realise I made the mistakes of not dealing with them in writing, taking names, etc, I'm new to all this haha!

Think it was a 24 month contract, so around another 12 months.

Why not take a chance and go straight to the top?

Email the CEO of 02 at ronan.dunne@o2.com and explain your situation. Chances are your complaint will be passed on to an executive complaints department (usually much more efficient that normal phone drones) and properly dealt with.

Good luck!

Hi deanoa100,

Sorry to hear about your grandmother and the inconvenience caused regarding your monthly contract with us :(

We'd like investigate this and look for an alternative solution for you. Could you please drop us an email to webteam @ o2 dot com with all your details? We'll try our best to sort it for you.

Thanks

Abs

O2 Social Media Team

Edited by BankFodder
Approved by BF

Many thanks for the email address, will do that now. Hopefully can resolve this issue shortly.

Please will you keep us updated so that we see if the O2 Customer service are helpful.

This will beuseful for other people on this forum.

Thanks

Hi deanoa100,

Sorry to hear about your grandmother and the inconvenience caused regarding your monthly contract with us :(

We'd like investigate this and look for an alternative solution for you. Could you please drop us an email to webteam @ o2 dot com with all your details? We'll try our best to sort it for you.

Thanks

Abs

O2 Social Media Team

thanks for your reply. I will send that email right away and hopefully a solution can be found soon.

Cheers,

Dean

Please will you keep us updated so that we see if the O2 Customer service are helpful.

This will beuseful for other people on this forum.

Thanks

Yer as soon as any solution is found then I will post it on here.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the long delay, but just for the record, O2 have been very helpful. Thanks for posting the email address to Ronan Dunne, I emailed him and he passed me on to Richard Chew. He has been helpful and an agreement was reached. Hope this helps anyone in the future, they have been good, cannot fault them. Thanks for the help and advice posted on here also.