CCJ still showing after 6 years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I had a CCJ 6 years ago - I settled it in full within 2 months. However

• all 3 agencies are still showing it on my file & it should have dropped off this month (it is from Aug 06)
  • I contacted checkmyfile about this & they said it would be removed after 1st Sept
  • Equifax are still showing the CCJ as active even though it was paid in full
  • Checkmyfile have told me that equifax will therefore not remove the CCj from my file even though it is over 6 years old

Does this mean I need to go through the process of getting a certificate of satisfaction etc. to get this CCJ removed from my file?

All I have is a receipt from the creditor (from the time of payment) showing the payment. I don't have a letter of satisfaction from them. One cofusing factor is that although I paid it in Sept 2006, the other 2 credit agencies show it as being satisfied in Nov 2008?!

Does anyone have any advice?!

Thanks in advance.

Hi It matters not if the CCJ was paid it remains for 6 years from the date of the judgement.

Check my file is almost always wrong in my opinion.

It is simple the CCJ remains as a ''Public Record'' for 6 years from the date of judgement paid

or not, unless it is paid very quickly after judgement.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

With CCJs it is up to the individual to check that the data is correctly reported.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: