Chque book refused

philip52
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been with Santander for over 4 years now and have a current account with a debit card cheque book and overdraft facility and have run my account with no problems never been overdrawn ,never had a letter from the bank in fact when I contacted them they stated that they could see nothing wrong with the way my account has been run. But last November I requested a new cheque book and I was told that I was not entitled to have one due to the underwriters . I stating that since I opened my account nothing in my financial life had changed as they where made fully aware of my financial history by me before I opened the account in fact if anything it had become better and after a few phone calls and letters I received a new cheque book with a £35 payment into my account and a hamper. This morning I requested a new cheque book and I was turn down it seems that the underwriters had reimposed the ban last June but I have kept my unused overdraft and all my other banking services .Before anybody says I can do without a cheque book I do use it a lot due to fact I am disabled but that should not stop me from have a cheque book .The question I would like to know is that is unfair practice under the BCOB rules and why I was not contacted in June to the fact that this facility had been withdrawn although I can and still will write cheques untill I run out and all are being paid ,any advice gratefully received.