Cabot Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

am new on here and would appreciate some advice.

I'm being pestered by Cabot for an alleged debt for which they do not have a date.

They are continually phoning me (up to six times a day, mostly at the same time).

I wrote to them on June 7th this year asking for proof of the debt and asking not to be contacted by telephone as I consider this to be harrassment.

I also gave them 7 days in which to answer my letter but they have yet to reply.

The calls, however are still coming.

I'd be grateful if anyone can give me some advice what to do next as I'm just about at the end of my tether.

Many thanks for your help,

Ruthie

Hi,

Am new to this so hope you will all be patient!

Am having repeated calls (up to 6 a day, usually at roughly the same times) from Cabot about an alleged debt.

I have written to them asking for written proof of the debt, giving them 7 days to respond to my request and also requesting that they stop phoning me, as in my opinion this is harrassment.

The letter was posted on June 7th and I've had no written reply although the phone calls from their 'helpful customer advisors' keep coming.

Am just about at the end of my tether with this lot and would appreciate any advice. They are so rude and intimidating.

Thanks,

Ruthie

Hi, I think the best thing for you to do is send Cabot a CCA request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

which requires them to produce the agreement for the account, there is a £1 statutory fee, send a postal

order marked for ''statutory fee'' only.

There is a template in the CAG Library for this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

When they ring just laugh and hang up, repeat the process every time.

Keep a diary of events, send them this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

you can send it 2nd class but obtain 'Proof of posting' from the PO counter which is free.

Or if you want to know they have received it then send it recorded.

If you know nothing of this debt then send this in the same envelope http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

If they continue to ring you after you have told them not too, then take a trip to your local police station with your diary of events and file a report against them for the criminal offence of harassment.

OFT&Trading standards also need to be informed of their harassment, as do Ofcom.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

check your cra file for whatever they are going on about

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi ruthie26,

Its quite simple,

everytime they call,

firstly don't answer the security questions...

inform them that you have noted the date and time,

and you are keeping track of the frequency of calls.

Tell them that it is your intention to file an official complaint and report them to trading standards.

It is clear that had they been able to produce the documents you requested,

they would have and would have initiated court proceedings.

Speak to them calmly and make them fully aware that you have no intention of discussing the matter over the phone.

I assure you, they will stop.

But will then probably pass it to someone else.

..but just do the same.

debs xx

Why speak to them?

Answer, and as soon as you know it is them laugh and hang up.

The longer you spend on the phone talking to the little children, the longer they have of reading form the script to try and get you to bite.

To ensure that you inform them that you do not wish to discuss personal private financial matters over the phone, you simply answer, ask who it is, laugh and hang up!

Note the time/date of the call in your diary of events and after you have received two calls after you have told them to communicate in writing and stop harassing you over the phone, you go to your local police station and file a complaint for them committing the criminal offence of harassment against you.

Talking to them over the phone and trying to explain in simple English language does not work.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!