Problem with mobile phone contract from Carphone Warehouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Put in your email that you want the same number & no further credit checks & if the network will allow you to return then what is the reason for not doing an exchange? Have the network withdrawn an offer?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi K301982P

A bit risky, how about going for the phone you want and the contract you want before the return date, that would mean a new credit check.

I went for several contracts before being offered the one by Carphone Warehouse, was turned down by other places and other networks, so dont' think that's a possibility unfortunately.

I see where rebel is going with this

If you go to the shop & go for the contract that you want, if you fail the credit check, you can use the existing contract & emails as a bargaining chip. You can also say that you have probably been turned down because you have opened that contract a few weeks ago & because of that had too many checks to pass one. Also, are they trying to be vindictive by offering the refund but preventing you from getting the contract that would put you back in the same position (except with the phone that you want) and that you now understand why they offered a refund rather than an exchange - because they won't offer you a new contract and so you will be stuck with the existing phone and so even the offer of a refund is a sham because they knew that you wanted the new contract ...

At that point you would need to ask if they would have turned you down for a replacement contract if they had taken the phone back after a week. They can't possibly answer.

I think that you should ask for the refusal in writing, then hit whoever sent the email with the above & see what the response is ...

The extra check would mark the credit file anyway. has the op tried to contact the vodafone rep on this site? Maybe he could have so.e pull in regards to swapping the contract to a new phone. Then all the op would have to do is get the phone exchanged or refunded from cw and still keep his contract.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 year later...

I got same problem did early upgrade and change my mind just after i went home with phone and saw that it got crap camera, went in next day and they wont swap phone. said it is policy between 02 and them i cant swap, exchange or cancel contract on upgrades. cant take them to court because it is on their policy when i checked online yesterday.

also instore they told me it got latest software which is not true but i didnt mention that to them when i did over phone guy said .. oh just go online and update it.

so what can i do about i dont even feel like taking that phone anywhere lol.