unable to re mortgage negative equity trap ~ Paratus AMC formally GMAC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

this is my first thread, so apologies in advance for any mistakes made.

I am currently in a re-mortgage quandary with my property.

it is my first home and I took out the mortgage, through a broker, with G MAC. I had not repaid small debt on time as a teenager and had no credit since and as such had a poor credit score. the property I purchased was worth £107,500.

on the fifth Oct 2007. I did not need a deposit as I offered the seller £98,000 the equity was to be my deposit, I think this was referred to as a ''vendor deposit'' or ''gifted deposit''? I was repaying around £595 per month interest only, a figure I was not made aware of until after I had moved in, I was led to believe that it would be around £400 per month. I did not provide any proof of income.

my partner left me within the first month and I was unable to honour all my commitments, I also took things with difficulty personally and lost my job. I fell in to nine missed mortgage payments in areas and got a charge for £4000 from welcome finance. I did however turn things around, I made payment plans and got a suspended warrant of execution for repossession in June 08. I have been up to date ever since.

G MAC then offered for me to consolidate my areas in to a new mortgage balance of £118,000, I was being charged £50 per month areas fee, and it seemed like a good idea at the time. so I consolidated. Soon after my mortgage was passed to a new company called Paratus AMC.

I have now come to the end of my fixed term and my mortgage follows the Libor rate. It seems to increase by about £10 every few months. Paratus have offered substantial discounts on my mortgage balance for me to transfer elsewhere but due to a less than perfect credit score and the fact that a similar property is now selling for £62,500 I am in a massive negative equity trap. I have now met someone new and we have a beautiful daughter together.

the problem is that I cannot afford anything other than a interest only mortgage with Paratus' interest rates on a repayment of £118,000,( I am not sure if its fair that I owe this entire amount) I cannot sell the property and I cannot remortgage with another company. I cannot build, save or invest for the future, I don't want to go bankrupt but I don't know what else I can do, i've seen that bankrupts wipe the slate clean and end up with good mortgage deals again?!?!?! that's not right! I just want to owe and repay a fair amount on the property that I have. is there anything I can do?