Credit Solutions Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone im new on here,

i had a letter from CSL for a debt id forgotten i had for argos.

i wrote back to them stating that any contact i had would be through the post and all letters would be sent recorded delivery.

i offered to pay my debt off by £20 a month and sent a cheque with the letter.

They waited a month before reply and stated that my response was unsatisfactory as was my offer of repayment

and that as i had conducted myself in this way they would be passing my case back to the credit company i owe the money to.

Who would probably sell the debt and it would be harder for me to settle the debt.

Please could someone advise me of what steps to take next.

I have already had them ringing my work place constantly.

But this issue has now been sorted as my boss informed them that it was a business number and to not ring again.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.:oops:

Ok, if it's less than 6 years it's not statute barred.

If CSL are acting for Argos then they are probably on commision and looking for quick bucks,

if they return the debt to Argos then they may instruct someone else,

or indeed sell the debt on which means someone else will start the process again.

Since you are obviously willing to pay something towards the debt I'd try and negotiate with Argos direct,

they may come to an agreement if they know regular payments are on the way.

Was your cheque cashed btw or returned.

CSL have definitely broken the rules by contacting you by phone after you have advised them otherwise,

but if the calls have now stopped then I would leave it at that.

It's just a nasty tactic to get you to pay more.

Ref the calls, and in particular to your place of work, you MUST make a formal complaint to the OFT, regardless of whether they have stopped or not.

As for CSL dictating what is and isn't acceptable in terms of repayment, they are way out of their league, they are in no position to dictate to anyone what is acceptable.

£20 a month is too generous, how much is the debt? Are there any charges on it? Have you checked your credit file to see if this appears on there?

This is NOT a priority debt, so £1 a month is a good starting point.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ok thanks. Yes they cashed the first cheque but I'm not sure about the second one. I'm sorry if I sound a bit thick but what is statute barred? The debt is for just under £1700. And I offered £20 a month as I just wanted it paid off as quickly as possible, I'm not sure about the charges and I havn't checked my credit file of late but I can't imagine it not being on there.

Sign up at noddle.co.uk for free credit checks and to find out what the current situation is in respect of your credit file. Charges etc could have been added which you are not aware of, and the debt could have been defaulted.

Info seems to be about a month behind equifax etc but it is free.

Apart from writing to Argos to see if they will accept a proposal and checking your credit record I don't know what else to suggest at the moment. It may well be a case of waiting to see what comes through the letter box.

Sign up at noddle.co.uk for free credit checks and to find out what the current situation is in respect of your credit file. Charges etc could have been added which you are not aware of, and the debt could have been defaulted.

Info seems to be about a month behind equifax etc but it is free.

Apart from writing to Argos to see if they will accept a proposal and checking your credit record I don't know what else to suggest at the moment. It may well be a case of waiting to see what comes through the letter box.

ok thanks very much