Will getting married affect my benefits?

benny1985
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wonder if someone could shine some light on my situation. I currently receive ESA and full housing/ council tax benefits. I live alone and my partner lives in company accomodation and this will continue (for the forseeable future) after we get married. My question is... even though my (future) wife wont actually be living at my address, are my ESA and Housing/tax benefits going to be altered or stopped?

Thanks in advance:???:

Yes, they will take into account her income as she will be expected to support you. You need to declare your marriage and her income at the time.

Otherwise all the forces spouses would be claiming while the service personnel were abroad serving our country, instead they are expected to support their spouses even when not living with them.

Yes you need to inform the relevant departments that you have married, you will then be treated as a couple and all income related benefits will be adjusted to take into account your partners wages.

You will be treated a a couple as you are geographicaly and not maritally separated which as stated above is no different to someone married to an armed forces person serving abroad, they are still a couple but separated by continents and not through choice iygwim?