vodaphone (who I pay through dca Capquest) - Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

First thing is

I checked my credit report with noodle and it says I have defaulted for the past 14months with vodaphone (who I pay through dca Capquest) I have continously paid them.

Was wondering what I should do.

Also on a credit report should it state the debt collection agency aswell or just the original company I have never looked at a credit report before.

dx

not unless they own the debt

we hve vodafone onboard here too

tell us the debt history please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i got a contract with vodaphone then a couple of months later got made redundant and couldnt afford payment. I got a letter off capquest saying it had passed to them and the usual dca harrassment followed.

on my credit report it only has the original company name which was vodaphone

Capquest will be collecting on behalf of Vodaphone

If this includes an early termination charge, it might be worth asking for an invoice containing a full breakdown of that amount.

Whilst I don't want to raise false hope, my opinion (for what it's worth) is that they would be charging for something that you haven't received. If you are having to paying for the remaining months of a contract then you should receive the benefit of what you are paying for (even if it's over an extended period of time) but with a mobile phone, they cut you off if you are having difficulty paying, but still expect you to pay despite not receiving the service

I have no doubt that that is in the contract, but that doesn't make it enforceable.

If money is short, you don't want to be paying more than you should

i got a contract with vodaphone then a couple of months later got made redundant and couldnt afford payment. I got a letter off capquest saying it had passed to them and the usual dca harrassment followed.

on my credit report it only has the original company name which was vodaphone

Hi kamwendo,

As has been advised the information on your credit file will shown as being recorded by us as the DCA will be collecting payment on our behalf.

This whould only change in the event that an account was sold to a DCA and as such the account would show in the DCA's name.

Should you feel that you didn't receive the level of support you were expecting from us at the time and would like me to take a closer look at your case you're welcome to email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK