Are Lloyds closing accounts?

khronus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, on the war path myself now!!

Just using the data protection letter and I am asking for information of charges from 4 accounts for upto 6 years on one of them, will I need to supply £40 instead of £10 for the DPA request ? Or will £10 cover all 4 accounts? Also, it seems that 40 days is a long time to wait, ( i am worried they will find a way out of this situation by the time I get to file cort action ) I have most of my statements available, would it be better to use them and work through them or is the DPA information request a better option ? Are there any signs on the horizon that if I dont get on the case with this quickly that the banks will come up with some kind of cunning legal arguement that will stop me claiming back my charges?

Great site and community here, keep up the good work folks!

Khronus

They have been trying to find a cunning plan to get out of this for a number of weeks now - I would imagine that they have paid several hundred grand already on the best legal minds in the country. If they haven't found the loophole by now...then there isn't one!!

Hi folks, great site...it's wonderful to hear that people are actually having a revolt against these oppressors!!! I have just written 4 letters with DPA information requests and will be posting them today. One question I do have is that with my Lloyds accounts ( I have 2 that I have had unfair charges on ) one of the accounts I have all my statements, the other I have 'most' my statements. My DPA request was for the latter. I am wondering whether to claim seperaty or together, the amounts will not exceed the £5000 but I have all the info for one account to start the process ( and am eager ) but I figure I will have to pay seperate court costs, any other pro's and cons for taking these accoutns seperatly or together ?

I will of course let you all know when I hear replies

Khronus

I've sent my DPA requests for several banks etc not just Lloyds ( doing it for my partner also ) but have figured I will follow the route here first but If I get fogged off I may well go into my local branch, I'm sure the mention of standing outside the branch with information about their unlawful charges and handing it out to their other customers will be a sure way to 'persuade' them :D

K

I personally wouldn't do it, I don't know the legalities behind it but thinking of the bigger picture if once you've claimed you want to stay with your bank standing outside handing out leaflets slating them wouldn't be the best way to go about it in my opinion, Bankfodder and the CAG folks are doing that on a "mass" scale as far as I'm aware with the media.

just my tuppence worth

Are there any reports of Lloyds threatening to close accounts? Iworry a bit as I have a business acount with them, its not the account being closed that worries me but rather my merchant account and cardnet services. I can go elsewhere but the setup fee's are pricey. Still, worth it for the principle of the matter.

K

yes I believe they suggest it they did to me after I sent my first letter it is the standard letter they send to anyone who dares to ask them for their money back.

Have you seen bankfodders post in general? He seems to think there may be a way around it and I hope we find one.

The main thing you have to remember is they are not gouing to give you your money back that easy they will try a intimidate you and are a pretty predotory lot

as I have found out since I started to get my money back of them.

Just stay strong read the FAQS and familiarise yourself with the forum.

If it is your business account you're claiming on then there's an exceptionally good chance they will close the account - it seems to be normal practise so make sure you have paracute accounts and facilities available.

If you're claiming on a personal account but also have a Ltd Co account with them (or vise versa) then you may well be able to include a term in settlement (should you be offered an ooc settlement) the protects the other account from being closed - but don't rely on it.

t

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update, I made a follow up call today to customer care just to check what the progress of my DPA was. At first the lady could not find the correct details for the data protection dept and said she would phone back. I was dubious but 5 minutes later I recieved a call back and was told she had contacted the data protection dept and that my request is being processed. I understand there is indeed a fair amount of requests that may slow them however If I do not recieve within a week I will be sending them another letter saying how many days they have remaining before I contact the information commisoner. All going as expected so far, eager to crack on with stage 2 though!

K

• 2 weeks later...

DPA disclosure recieved today ! (28-04-06) not for as much as I thought but im going for it either way,£55 on one account and £100 on another so £155 total, so will be posting the letter requesting payment today!

Will keep you posted

Khronus

Ok, I recieved a reply from lloyds today in regards to my 'request for repayment ' letter, was pretty much the standard sort of letter that most folks are getting back, 'we will not refund your charges etc'. I am guess I can now give the 'letter before action' even though the previous 14 days have not expired they have replied with their intentions so I can reply accordingly. The letter before action gives another 14 days which will bring me up to the 18th if they recieve it tomorrow ( 4th may ). I am on holiday from the 27th of May for a week so I want it all timed correctly. I should beable to lodge my court action a week before I go on holiday, and if anything comes whilst im away I can sort it upon my return. Nothing anyone can warn me about that may have a short time limit etc ?

K

I also see in the letter before action this statement:

'plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the data protection act 1998 plus my costs without furthur notice'

What does that mean ? Need to know whether its applicable for me to include it.

Many thanks folks !

K

• 2 weeks later...

Wooo! Today is the day to file the claim and I am currently working out the spreadsheet. All seems easy, one question I do have though is that i have had a charge incurred recently that will not be on a bank statement for another month, can I claim for that? And just put the date that is normally used for charges ( start or end of month i forget ). Or will I have to start a totally seperate process for this last one ?

K

I havethe letter saying theyare charging me but the charge is not technically incurred until the 1st of each month, would bevery eager to get this onto my claim if you think its ok to do so ?

Well I just made my claim via money claims so lets see what happens !! I left out the most recent charge and will try and phone up and get that removed after I have been successful with the claim ( hopefully they will see sense after they lose the case and I threaten to do it again if they do not repay).

K

Hello Khronus,

I too am just starting out on this process. Who did you send your DPA letter to ? Mine will go tomorrow.

Branch or Head Office ?

thanks

E. I.Addyo

Prelim Letter Sent 12th June 06

LBA Hand Delivered 23rd June 06 - Standard Responses.

Owed £2193.80

Court Questionnaire Completed.

S.C.& M AQ Received..........19th Sept 06

Pending Court Date

This is MY MONEY - I want it back !

Hi,

I dealt through one of the main offices rather than local branch. Theaddress will be in the lloyds section in one of the 'sticky' threads. It is sething like:

125 Colmore Road

Birmingham

B3 3SF

K

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks