CTAX Debt, Dementia and Council CTAX Bailiffs..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hallowitch, i have written t stephen hughes, it was after that i got the committal letter, thank you for the previous link, im looking at it now.

ellenn, dad pays by cheque as there has been a mess up with his accounts and direct debits, him not knowing what day what money goes into what account, if i pay for him the mortgage company demands i sign disclaimers and wave all my rights, or they will not except payments.

Thank you both so much for your help.

Do you know if your father is capable of administering his own affairs? If he isn't, you need to speak to the Office of the Public Guardian straightaway. The OPG is part of the Ministry of Justice. It is possible that this matter may have to go before the Court of Protection, in which case, those who have been circling around your dad like vultures are going to be in for a shock.

If these vultures - all of them - were made aware of your dad's condition and state of his mental health, ignored it and carried on regardless, questions will be asked. Have no doubt about that. And those involved know what the law says about those with dementia and mental health problems so they can't plead ignorance.

The website of the OPG is at http://www.justice.gov.uk/about/opg where you will also find information about the Mental Capacity Act and other issues relating to protection of those who are vulnerable.

Have you thought of seeing Shelter and/or contacting MIND? This is so very overwhelming for you, and they can guide you through this mess. What about local mental health services - are they able to supply a support worker perhaps?

I think I'd also want to let the cop shop know about your dad's condition, just in case bailiffs or DCA's turn up and start their nonsoense, I would say it is better that the local plod are aware of this now. It would be a good opportunity to "pre-educate" them.

My Uncle Harry developed this early onset dementia when I was in my teens, its bad enough in the elderly, but this was shocking, and so quick.

I hope youget this sorted.

Send medical evidence of the dementia, and a complaint as per hallowitch to Birmingham CEO, and your MP read through the advice posted again, and definitely look at complaining to credit fitness at OFT regarding the bailiffs, your problem is that unless you have been formally given power of attourney over your fathers affairs, the bailiffs, mortgage people will press on regardless, they may well do so even if you have full control of his affairs, at which point, they have put the noose around their own necks and opened the trapdoor they stood on.

Oldbill's advice regarding the Office Of the public guardian is important as they can help you progress this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!