Fos - hsbc urgent help deadline 24th july!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i know i am cutting this fine but i have been very ill and only have the chance to address this now so i will try to be as brief as possible

i took a loan in 2000 - in 2002 i was finding things financially tight i was working 10 hour days and trying to finish a degree after rent and childcare my loan payment was the biggest expense i had so i contacted the bank and asked if they would extend the loan term to reduce payments they flatly refused and said if i didnt take a "managed" loan they would turn the loan i had over to debt collectors when they did the managed loan they put in the credit card balance i had and overdraft (which i was having no trouble in paying) so 10 odd years later i am still paying this loan and worked out that on an original £5,000 loan i had paid back nearly £12,000!!! in with this was the ppi which i was told i had to take or they wouldnt give me a loan - i wrote to hsbc and complained and said that surely i had paid enough but they ignored me and put the outstanding balance with debt collectors - not knowing then what i know now i went to the FOS - the muppet who was supposed to be helping me ignored what i had to say about the loan and there being no terms or conditions sent out so the bank acted illegally when they took my money but he focused on the ppi issue - after over 3 years i get a call saying they are finally going to look at both issues seperately - only to recieve a decision letter offering the £500 back i paid on the ppi plus 8% simple interest (whats the difference from interest and simple interest?) so i rejected the offer as they would not refund over £500 the bank charged in admin fees cos the ppi did not run its full course - i waited again for a decision which i recieved a couple of weeks ago - they are completely ignoring the issue of the bank taking money without giving me terms and conditions and are trying to make out how helpful the bank were to give me the deal they did and also said they would not go into the details of the case because the point of law over the terms is not for them to answer!! they gave me the original offer over the ppi ignoring the £500 taken in admin fees but are allowing the bank to take bank the outstanding loan balance and send me the rest - which after waiting for over 3 years is not worth having!! and above and beyond what the FOS would expect the bank to do when they have taken the money to pay off the loan they will remove all reference off my credit file - like they are doing me a huge favour!! i am so angry that the bank can rip me off like this and the FOS pat them on the back for doing so

but to the reason i need help - i want to know if i can take the bank to court over the fact they took my money without terms (i have an email from the FOS where they admitted the bank told them they had no terms) and get my money back - if i turn down the FOS offer would this affect the court action i am taking? and how would i go about taking hsbc to court do i have to write and inform them before doing so?

i would really really appreciate some advice and pointers in the right direction - as i say i am on a tight deadline to know before i write to the FOS telling them to stuff thier offer and a few other home truths about thier biased service

thank you to anyone who can help