debt caught up with me after 5 years

laura2193
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

now you have listed your debts

go through your cra file

note down the debts that do not appears on your CRA file

then seriously ask why you are payng those.

we need to do an invesigation on each one .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not all creditors use the same credit reference agencies so it would be best to check all three.

If any of you debts still do not show then it's likely that they are older than six years and have dropped off your credit file. This does not necessarily mean they are Statute Barred but it is a good indication that they may well be.

• 2 weeks later...

i think its because i have not put all my known addresses down on my credit profile

i only have the last 3 theres

another 3 do you reccomend i add them??

ok so 2 agencies from the 7 i sent got back to me

one said i will get sent the credit agreement in due course (debt with barclaycard)

and the one that i sent the prove it letter too said they want me to confirm my last address and date of birth?

shall i do it?? please help!!

Have not heard from the rest as yet but at least i have taken the first step and started the ball rolling,

thank you for that!

oh and another one got back a debt with bt (actually my sister in laws debt when we lived together!) they said theres no credit agreement to show?? i was paying them £10 a month as although the debt is in her name we shared the bills and they wouldnt leave me alone hounding me to pay :(

the one that i sent the prove it letter too said they want me to confirm my last address and date of birth?
You don't have to provide them with anything, the onus is for them to prove you are the debtor & if they are not sure you are the person they want they will be in breach of OFT guidelines.

Have not heard from the rest as yet
It's a matter of sitting tight & waiting for them to respond now. ;)

oh and another one got back a debt with bt (actually my sister in laws debt when we lived together!) they said theres no credit agreement to show?? i was paying them £10 a month as although the debt is in her name we shared the bills and they wouldnt leave me alone hounding me to pay
Unless you were named on the telephone a/c the debt is not your responsibility & you can tell them to shove their requests for payment somewhere where the sun don't shine. :lol:

hehe @ shove their request

well i have stood strong and i cancelled the dd

2 days later i got a letter saying a person would be visiting dont want to call them but cant fin an email address for them (its ccs)

i can tell them to persue the debtor not me as i think ive probably paid my fare share anyway!!

so with regards to wescot trying to wangle info out of me what shall i do??

ignore reply??

the letters stares: further to your recent communication in order for us to prevent a breach of data protection act

and also continue with your enquiry it would be most helpfull if you could confirm your d.o.b and the last adress together with the date you vacated??

please reply within 10 days...what shall i do? thanks for your reply :)

they are a dca they have NO LEGAL POWERS

as for doorsteppers

they are NOT BAILIFFS

tell them to go away.

NEVER EVER pay a doorstepper

NEVER EVER pay a DCA.

i sound like you've been cash-cowed on several debts you do not owe

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so with regards to wescot trying to wangle info out of me what shall i do??

ignore reply??

You could tell them that they are bound by the OFT guidelines and as such unless they are certain you are the person they are seeking they should not be contacting you. If they are certain then you have no need to provide any information to verify that fact and until they provide evidence of any debt any future correspondence from them will be filed under 'B' for bovine excrement. ;)